Off Topic Competing with dizziness ?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kassgymnast_

Gymnast
I compete in a few hours and woke up with dizziness. I'm not quite sure how i feel about it... I'm still kinda dizzy everytime I look down. But i was doing backtucks on tramp this morning and wasn't bad. I'm not sure how I feel about competing today, and I definitely do not trust myself on beam. Should I just scratch beam? Or go for it and just water down?

Do warmups, and see how that goes. After warmups, discuss with your coach what you don't trust yourself doing and water it down from that

If my son was dizzy every time he looked down, I would have him miss the meet. It isn't worth it. Even tumbling...even a back handspring, can go bad. I have stopped him in practice due to migraines as well.

If it continues, get it checked. You have had a lot of medical things lately, and I think you need to see a doctor.

Update: meet went so well! way better than i wanted it to unfortunately (in aga you can move up and i was the only one who moved up.. and it sucks to move up meet before state..) I had the best meet i've ever had including the highest bar score i've ever had as a senior and a no fall beam routine. i have a minor mcl tear from a hyper extension on a switch leap on floor though ( which i still got first..?) I competed full out on all events!
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1492918991.407550.jpg
with first place !

If my son was dizzy every time he looked down, I would have him miss the meet. It isn't worth it. Even tumbling...even a back handspring, can go bad. I have stopped him in practice due to migraines as well.

If it continues, get it checked. You have had a lot of medical things lately, and I think you need to see a doctor.
THIS

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back