WAG 2017 US Classic

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

notthatmom

Proud Parent
sorry if there is a thread about this already, but is anyone going?
I just scored AWESOME suite tickets from work for free, and I'm so excited, as is DD of course, she LOVES Regan!!!

I've never been to a meet like this before, how long does it usually take?

I can't wait!

That's awesome! Are you going to just the senior session or both? When we have gone to P&Gs, I feel like each session takes about 2.5 hours or so.

That's awesome! Are you going to just the senior session or both? When we have gone to P&Gs, I feel like each session takes about 2.5 hours or so.
I just have tickets to the senior session, I could have gotten tickets to both but I'm not sure I want to be there for the WHOLE entire day.
That's good to hear it isn't crazy long (seems shorter than "regular" meets DD had all last season lol)

I'll be there as a spectator with my DD. She's excited. Last year we went to the P&Gs/Men's Olympic Trials in St. Louis and had so much fun. We had awesome seats which required me to purchase for all sessions and included a meet-and-greet with some former Olympians. I figured we would skip a lot of the sessions, but my DD wanted to go to every one and sat there with rapt attention. The only session she asked to leave early was the junior men's. She was 7 or 8 at the time. In any event, our tickets for the upcoming US Classic include all sessions again. We will for sure be there on Saturday, but not sure about Friday HOPES. I would agree that sessions go by pretty quickly.

You should be able to find a rotation sheet prior to the event on USAG's site. I find it helpful to have one on hand so that you can figure out who's competing where. Have a great time!

You should be able to find a rotation sheet prior to the event on USAG's site. I find it helpful to have one on hand so that you can figure out who's competing where. Have a great time!
Oh good idea! I looked it up online already but I didn't think of taking one with me!

We have been to the Secret Classic (US Classic) several times all day, and it is awesome! Going all day is actually quite fun! We typically don't stay for the whole junior session, and head out to lunch before the crowds, as they make everyone leave between the 2 sessions. There are lots of restaurants nearby, and some good food and shopping at the Arboretum (5 minute drive or less from Sears Center). Plus the most amazing cupcake place if you are interested in desert called Smallcakes Cupcakery and Creamery. We love to watch the seniors warm up as well so we try to get back when the doors open back up for that. Last year, Nastia was doing the TV announcing and my DD and her friends asked her to sign their phone cases while she and the other announcers were getting ready in their booth, and she did, which was so sweet!

Ultimately, you can really make a fun day of it! We have some other commitments though so may not do the junior session this year.

Got 9 tickets on section 117 for junior session. Tickets split between group of 5 and 4. Face value is $40 but I'll let them go for less if your anyone is interested.

Does anyone know if the US Classics will be aired live stream? We always have problems getting stuff like this in Canada.
Thanks kat

I think only juniors will be live streamed. The Olympic channel, US version, is showing seniors and the 5 juniors that were bumped up.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back