Parents USAG membership

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I registered my dd via the link yesterday. I had to pay the fee right then and there but there was no place for level. I wonder if level gets put in when gyms use the USAG system to register for each meet?
Levels are still handled at the club level according to the announcement by USAG

We team parents have always been responsible for filling out the form and the fee at our gym. All the kids get registered. Us parents are quite capable. :rolleyes:
Besides we don’t want coach, bugging us. :D

It is part of their new “transparency”. Like many (most?) the USAG membership was handled by the club and baked into our competition fees. Now it is an extra expense. As a coach, I dread the (luckily few!) parents that I am already certain we are going to have to remind several times, and who may still need one of us to actually sit down with them and do it on the gym computer.... but I am sure most parents will be fine. It is just a bit of a paperwork nightmare to ensure it gets done (and I haven’t done my own gymnast yet, so....). It WAS definitely easier for the coaches or whatever administrative person to just sit and do it all en masse, but it’s not our choice...
THIS is exactly what our HC is assuming will happen. While the overwhelming majority of parents will get it done, there are always those few (and I swear it's the same 4-5 parents) that never read emails, never show up for things and ALWAYS are the ones complaining. (and I'm not kidding, it's the same few parents every single time and they aren't new to the gymnastics or our team). We knew about a day ahead of sending out the paperwork/fee schedule for the season that the change was made so we updated our paperwork and explained it at our parent meeting....of course the few parents that we think will have the most problems getting it done in time, weren't there :rolleyes: Maybe they'll surprise everyone and get it done. Maybe our HC will go ahead and just not register them for meets if they don't - I know part of him wouldn't be upset to part ways with a few of these families....

Should I be concerned if we haven't heard anything from our gym yet? We paid the fee directly to the gym. We haven't been told to do it ourself.

Maybe our HC will go ahead and just not register them for meets if they don't - I know part of him wouldn't be upset to part ways with a few of these families....

That’s how it’s done at our gym. It’s crystal clear if you don’t get it done. Your kid doesn’t compete

Should I be concerned if we haven't heard anything from our gym yet? We paid the fee directly to the gym. We haven't been told to do it ourself.
I wouldnt be concerned YET.
The gym has to do their part so USAG knows to send you the link. The new "year" doesnt begin til Aug 1.

I wouldnt be concerned YET.
The gym has to do their part so USAG knows to send you the link. The new "year" doesnt begin til Aug 1.
That is true but many meets have already opened up for registrations and some of these meets fill up fast. Our coaches required all families to have their gymnast registered by last Friday so she could start registering them for the meets we plan to attend.

That is true but many meets have already opened up for registrations and some of these meets fill up fast. Our coaches required all families to have their gymnast registered by last Friday so she could start registering them for the meets we plan to attend.
Current registration is still valid. Cant force you to fork out money early. My kids USAG number doesn’t change. Just her level

We register for meets before the coming year USAG fee is due. Host gym had no problem cashing our checks. If you‘re silly enough not register your kid, good luck getting the meet fee back.

But that also means your gym did THEIR part (or you wouldnt have been able to do yours). Amanda hasn't received the email to do her part, which means the gym hasn't done their part yet. ;) And if they havent done that, then they probably arent registering for meets yet either.

But that also means your gym did THEIR part (or you wouldnt have been able to do yours). Amanda hasn't received the email to do her part, which means the gym hasn't done their part yet. ;) And if they havent done that, then they probably arent registering for meets yet either.
Thank you. I think this is likely true. I am going to ask today. I know they are planning to start registering for meets soon.

Current registration is still valid. Cant force you to fork out money early. My kids USAG number doesn’t change. Just her level

We register for meets before the coming year USAG fee is due. Host gym had no problem cashing our checks. If you‘re silly enough not register your kid, good luck getting the meet fee back.
For meets that require the USAG meet registration system, an athlete or coach can not register unless their membership is valid on the date of the meet. For example, if you are registering for a meet in January 2019 but have not renewed the athletes registration for next season, the registration will not go through.

We received the membership forms in our kids folders today, we have to fill them out, return them to the gym, and were told we would then receive a link to pay for the registration.

We have a gym deadline of this Saturday to submit our registration forms for the coming season. After they are submitted, then we will be given the info to register with usag. We don't have our meet schedule yet either.

Our gym sent an e-mail today saying they aren’t sending the link yet because they want to make sure the process is smooth before sending it out.

I found registering on line easier than registering through the club. On-line registration took just a minute or two. I didn't have to print out the paper registration form, fill it out by hand, write a check to the club for the membership fee, and then go inside the gym to drop off the form and check.

I found registering on line easier than registering through the club. On-line registration took just a minute or two. I didn't have to print out the paper registration form, fill it out by hand, write a check to the club for the membership fee, and then go inside the gym to drop off the form and check.

Same here

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back