Parents Just a little update

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MrsE

Proud Parent
We moved DD to a proper gym class where she started in beginners, then intermediate and now advanced rec.
She now has a few more skills and is still saying she would like to try competing so we are thinking of asking if DD is suitable for the first level of squad if she isn't then are thinking about contacting one of the other local gyms for a squad trial.
However I/we are unsure if DD would be suitable or not therefore what type of things would coaches be looking for in an older (was 7 end of August, gymnast who's not done development squad or similar) during a trial so we know whether to see if we can get a trial
Many thanks

We have a trial for DD at a local gym next Friday. Can anyone please tell me what things they will be looking for? Thank you.

They’ll evaluate skills flexibility strength form and compare it to the girls at her level on their team. They’ll either determine she’s at or close enough to their same level or not. I’m sure they take personality and attitude into consideration as well.

What level is she and how do the gyms compare in performance?

It is a tough time of year to move to team as it is either the tail end of the season for those doing fall season or the season is about to start for spring season. Just be prepared that they may say that pre-team is all that they can offer at this time.

Gymbeam we haven't been told a level. We are in the UK and DD just goes to rec. Not sure how she will compare to their girls but at current gym she is one of the youngest in advanced rec but was invited to advanced from intermediate not pre team/team so assume she is good recreational wise but not good enough for team
The gym offering the trial is much bigger than current gym with a bigger squad.
DD would be happy with development and to see where it taKes her.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back