Parents Article To Help Your Gymnast Reduce Fear

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Doc Ali

Gold Membership
fear.jpg

It’s one of the most frustrating things about gymnastics, fear and mental blocks. With all the athletes I work with it’s the issue that causes the most stress, not only for the athletes and coaches, but for the PARENTS as well. You try not to think it, but the unthinkables come anyway, “I’m paying so much money for this, why is she not doing it?”, “She’s not going to be ready for the next level!”, or even, “maybe he is just not cut out for this sport.” Well, have no fear, cause Doc Ali is here to give you a sprinkle of sanity as you deal with a very crazy making issue. Here are some tips to help you deal with your athletes fears and mental blocks.

View the full article at the link below...

Last edited by a moderator:
Doc Ali’s program really helped my daughter earlier this year work through a fear of back tumbling after a couple scary falls. I wouldn’t say she’s fear-free now, but she’s able to work through it and keep progressing on her tumbling.

Reactions: JBS
Doc Ali’s program really helped my daughter earlier this year work through a fear of back tumbling after a couple scary falls. I wouldn’t say she’s fear-free now, but she’s able to work through it and keep progressing on her tumbling.
Hooray! That makes my day. happy to answer any questions for you fabulous gym parents!

Just so everyone knows @Doc Ali is here at ChalkBucket and ready to answer any questions that you have. If you have any questions about the mental side of gymnastics, she would love to talk with you. Just post your questions in this thread and she'll see them. As a former college level gymnast herself, she is very experienced in the sport of gymnastics.

Here is her bio...

Doc Ali pioneered mental training in the sport of gymnastics and has worked with virtually every level athlete in most sports.

For the past 28 years, Doc Ali has guided Olympic medalists, NCAA champions, and thousands of athletes chasing their dream. She received her PhD in Clinical Psychology and certification in Neuroscience and Leadership from MIT. For 12 weeks she studied the mind with the masters in Nepal, spent four weeks in a Thai forest monastery, three weeks in the Amazon jungle in Peru, two weeks in silence integrating it all, and still made it back to teach it.

She has coached celebrities and corporations – the likes of American Express, Boeing, and GlaxoSmithKline. Doc Ali is relentless about helping people reach their potential and their individual and organizational peak performance.

Alison Arnold is a consistently invited contributor to regional and national congresses, symposiums, and publications around the world.

headgamesworld.com

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back