Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
What's everyone think? Looks like an awesome team to me.

us mens team.jpeg

Pretty much what I think more people were expecting, especially after Nedoroscik fell on night one. I feel badly for Juda not even getting an alternate spot after earning the US +1 at Pan Ams and coming in 8th today. I'm excited to see more of Briones going forward, and I'm glad to hear Nedoroscik is continuing. I hope Donnell goes to Worlds and does amazingly there.

Agreed, I like Donnell. This year I do not know the athletes like I have in the past few Olympic cycles. I hope there are some good fluff pieces about their families.

I was surprised by how conservative Moldauer's routine was on high bar. I haven't been following him closely, but iirc he was doing kovacs and triple-double dismount when he was like 12.

Brandon was named an alternate...

U.S. Men's Olympic Team
Brody Malone, Belfast, Tenn./Stanford University
Sam Mikulak, Newport Coast, Calif./U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Training Center
Yul Moldauer, Wellington, Colo./5280 Gymnastics
Shane Wiskus, Spring Park, Minn./U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Training Center
Alec Yoder, Indianapolis, Ind./Ohio State University

Replacement athletes
Cameron Bock, Tustin, Calif./University of Michigan
Allan Bower, Chandler, Ariz./University of Oklahoma
Brandon Briones, Gilbert, Ariz./Stanford University
Alex Diab, Glen Ellyn, Ill./University of Illinois
Akash Modi, Morganville, N.J./Stanford University

I was surprised by how conservative Moldauer's routine was on high bar. I haven't been following him closely, but iirc he was doing kovacs and triple-double dismount when he was like 12.
high bar isn't his strength at all - and he knows that he won't be representing the team on that event. His goal was to give a solid routine with as few deductions as possible.

Maybe someone knows this answer. Why do some male gymnasts shave their armpits and others don't? I see that many male gymnasts from Europe and Asia tend to. And we see most male swimmers/divers shave their armpits.

Most American male gymnasts don't seem to go with that trend, but some do ... like Brody Malone (US Champ). His are shaven clean. Anyone know why this is done by some and not by others?

My son does it in the summer because of sweatiness. The gym’s AC is not great, so it gets hot and he gets itchy. About half downs half dont

So the Selection Reports were released. Fascinating!

Most interesting to me is that the Men's 4-person team did not come down to 4th place finisher Sam Mikulak (more solid that we thought) and someone else ....... but Shane Wiskus and - not 5th place finisher Brandon Briones - but Cameron Bock, who finished quite a ways down the results placement. That is because Bock is so solid and needed, really, on PH, SR and HB (weaknesses for the USA). Bock was soooo close.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back