Parents Gymnastics Gold - Family Dice & Card Game!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Will you purchase Gymnastics Gold?

• Total voters

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Gymnastics Gold is a great dice & card game that I highly recommend. You can see my review of it at the following link...

Let the discussion begin...

Who's going to purchase this game?

If you have any questions... post them here. I can try to answer them... and if not me... maybe the creator @GymDad33 can help us out?

I intially voted no, but changed my answer to a yes after reading your review. I want to send it as a care package to my DD at college. It won't ship until December, right?

Reactions: JBS
I intially voted no, but changed my answer to a yes after reading your review. I want to send it as a care package to my DD at college. It won't ship until December, right?
It says around November 26th on the “crowd sale” page.

I think it would be a great gift for a college aged gymnast or fan!

The website is not very clear concerning shipping....is shipping included? Also, the website appeared to automatically add 2 additional items, one not even related to the game. This combined with the unclear language surrounding shipping makes it seem a little sketchy. I'm a little hesitant to put in my payment information.

I am curious about how realistic the gymnastics content is. Most gymnastics books, movies, etc. are comically inaccurate.

The website is not very clear concerning shipping....is shipping included? Also, the website appeared to automatically add 2 additional items, one not even related to the game. This combined with the unclear language surrounding shipping makes it seem a little sketchy. I'm a little hesitant to put in my payment information.

I don't believe that shipping is included. Maybe @GymDad33 can answer these questions. I can say that I received a copy of the game very quickly... however... I did not pay for it.

I am curious about how realistic the gymnastics content is. Most gymnastics books, movies, etc. are comically inaccurate.

We have only played once so far… but I have been coaching for 20+ years and my daughters are a L9 & L10 and nothing jumped out at us as totally incorrect to gymnastics itself.

Hi Everyone. I am the designer of Gymnastics Gold and will do my best to monitor and answer questions as life allows.

As to shipping, that is indeed extra. That should show up as you reach the "Shopping Cart" page.

Timing for delivery is difficult to predict. The Game Crafter prints on demand (that is, there is not a warehouse with games on shelves--they print as orders come in. It's a necessary and enabling model for smaller publishers.) If you order individually--that is, not as part of the crowd s@le--the item will usually be shipped within a couple of weeks. For the crowd s@le, we go into what is called the "long run" queue. Thus the extended timelines. (COVID has driven some larger companies to use The Game Crafter for local prints given the difficulty in getting items out of China--thus increased the backlog as in so many other industries and extending long-run timing). The shipping date listed on the Crowd Sale is the company's best guess given their current expectations. So, it's a trade-off, the more orders that come in, the lower the price (for everyone) but the longer the run.

There should not be anything automatically added to your cart. There are two other items showcased on the main page, one related and one not. The non-related game (Close Call) is another title that I designed. I wavered on whether or not to include that as an add-on and eventually chose to do so. But that's an optional add-on--totally different type of game vs. Gymnastics Gold. I will, however, check in with The Game Crafter on the question and report back when I have better information.

As to how realistic the content is, the skills (and scoring) are all rooted in the Code of Points. If you look hard enough, you will see some concessions. As an example, some skills that may earn 0.1 connection bonuses on Bars will instead earn 0.2 collectively in the game--a concession to keep the rule monitoring a limited as possible.

Increased scoring is tied to increased skill difficulty and, as a chemical engineer by trade, I had a lot of fun with the math ensuring that higher payoffs were paired with higher risk in terms of probability of success.

One last note about the Crowd Sale as this can often also be unclear. Everyone receives the same discount as determined by the total number of orders at the end of the sale. As an example, if there are a total of 50 copies sold, regardless of whether or not you were the first to order or the 50th, your discount is 20%.

Reactions: JBS
When you first get to the Buy Gymnastics Gold page, the system does populate 1 of each of the featured games, but you can change those to 0 before going any farther.

Thank you for pointing this out so that people are aware. I only want people purchasing those games they are interested in.

The deduction tracking sheets that Justin refers to are lower and would need to be added manually.

Don't forget to purchase your copy of Gymnastics Gold!

If anyone has any remaining questions about the game: from details on how to play to what went into designing it or anything in between, I’ll be happy to answer.

Hi Everyone. The Crowd Sale officially closes at 8PM EST on August 7th (Saturday). As noted earlier, as more people purchase the game, the discount increases for everyone.

I can almost guarantee you won’t see this game on store shelves. We’re a small company and inventory is a killer. We’ve adopted the print-on-demand model but this Crowd Sale allows us to tap into bulk pricing—but only if the crowd comes. And the printer only allows us to do this once.

Gymnastics-themed games are rare. In fact, there are practically none. It’s a shame that girls who dedicate so many hours to the sport they love don’t have the same options other athletes do in that regard. Get your daughter, niece, or best friend the game that will make her the talk of the gym. And grab it before the price goes up.

As always, I’ll keep an eye on this thread to answer any questions you may have. Thanks again to Justin for reviewing the game and to the folks at Chalk Bucket for spreading the word.

Hi Everyone. The Crowd Sale officially closes at 8PM EST on August 7th (Saturday). As noted earlier, as more people purchase the game, the discount increases for everyone.

I can almost guarantee you won’t see this game on store shelves. We’re a small company and inventory is a killer. We’ve adopted the print-on-demand model but this Crowd Sale allows us to tap into bulk pricing—but only if the crowd comes. And the printer only allows us to do this once.

Gymnastics-themed games are rare. In fact, there are practically none. It’s a shame that girls who dedicate so many hours to the sport they love don’t have the same options other athletes do in that regard. Get your daughter, niece, or best friend the game that will make her the talk of the gym. And grab it before the price goes up.

As always, I’ll keep an eye on this thread to answer any questions you may have. Thanks again to Justin for reviewing the game and to the folks at Chalk Bucket for spreading the word.
Will it be available to purchase after Aug 7? Sorry, I'm not familiar with Crowd Sale but would like to get this game at some point in the future.

Will it be available to purchase after Aug 7? Sorry, I'm not familiar with Crowd Sale but would like to get this game at some point in the future.
Thanks for asking. Gymnastics Gold will remain for sale on The Game Crafter site after the sale. The price will jump a few bucks as a result of a recent price increase from the printer. (This increase does not affect the current sale prices at all.)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back