WAG 1 per week gym practice-- tips ?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

First, remember to have fun and work hard! Gymnastics is really fun!

To bring: For recreational gymnastics , you will need to wear athletic clothes (for example leggings or shorts and an athletic top, or a leotard if you have one). Do a ponytail, braid or a bun if you have long hair, or a half-up half-down style for short hair. Bring a water bottle and a sweatshirt to wear after practice and during warm-ups. Some people also like to use wrist supports.

What you need to know: Make sure to listen to your coach, practice good technique and take conditioning and stretching seriously. If there is anything else you need to know, your coach will tell you.

Have a good day!
- Charlotte

First, remember to have fun and work hard! Gymnastics is really fun!

To bring: For recreational gymnastics , you will need to wear athletic clothes (for example leggings or shorts and an athletic top, or a leotard if you have one). Do a ponytail, braid or a bun if you have long hair, or a half-up half-down style for short hair. Bring a water bottle and a sweatshirt to wear after practice and during warm-ups. Some people also like to use wrist supports.

What you need to know: Make sure to listen to your coach, practice good technique and take conditioning and stretching seriously. If there is anything else you need to know, your coach will tell you.

Have a good day!
- Charlotte
Thank you, Charlotte for the tips!! I really appreciate someone responding! Have a good day as well, Taytum

That’s great that you’ve started gymnastics! To start with, make sure to wear comfortable clothes like leggings with a t shirt or tank top. Once a new girl came wearing jeans, and they ripped while we were stretching our splits…. Don’t do that lol. Try to get the basics down and try conditioning and stretching at home to improve at practice.

Other than that, listen to your coach and have fun!

That’s great that you’ve started gymnastics! To start with, make sure to wear comfortable clothes like leggings with a t shirt or tank top. Once a new girl came wearing jeans, and they ripped while we were stretching our splits…. Don’t do that lol. Try to get the basics down and try conditioning and stretching at home to improve at practice.

Other than that, listen to your coach and have fun!
Thank you, for the reply!! I appreciate it!

Hello, I'm 14 years old and convinced my mom to let me do once a week gym classes!!! What do I need and what do I need to know? I've wanted to do gymnastics for almost 3 years---have a fantastic day--- Taytum
Make the most of your time there! Know what skills you want to get and be focused on your goals while at practice. You could also do some basic strength training at home to work towards those skills. Also enjoy yourself! Have fun!

Make the most of your time there! Know what skills you want to get and be focused on your goals while at practice. You could also do some basic strength training at home to work towards those skills. Also enjoy yourself! Have fun!
Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it!!! ---Taytum

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back