Parents 1st Level 4 Meet Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

AlexsGymmyMom

Proud Parent
Alex had her first Level 4 meet this past weekend. She did awesome!! 1st place AA with a score of 34.2.

Bars - 8.75 - 2nd place
Beam - 8.2 - 3rd place
Vault - 8.75 - 2nd place
Floor - 8.5 - 2nd place

A few little issues to work on for her next meet but over all a great meet for her and her team took home the 2nd place trophy

I will try to get some videos up soon, once I figure out how to do it. We are very proud of her!! They all had lots of fun at the meet!

That is fantastic!! Congrats to Alex!!

ps: I can't figure out out how to put videos up either. :(

WOW! What a way to kick start the season! You guys must be thrilled!

I understand completely about the video. I've been fighting with mine for over 2 years. While I have reached the point of being able to upload, I have to relearn every time, and I never get the same results. FRUSTRATING!! Good luck figuring it out, we want to watch your beauty in action!

Way to go Alex! Great way to start out the season.

Maybe we need a tutorial thread for videos. Seems most everyone uses One True Media and YouTube. And capturing off the camera is usually pretty standard if you have any kind of digital camera.

Great way to start the season! Those were great scores! Congrats Alex!

Thanks everyone! We were supposed to also go to the Miley Cyrus concert that night but she postponed due to strep throat. I did not know until right before the meet and Alex was very disappointed! But she perked right up when she did so good at the meet. The concert was rescheduled for Oct 28th. Something else to look forward to!!

I do agree that a tutorial would be excellent to help us newbie videographers!! We have 2 more meets this month. 1 is a state qualifier and the other is an Amerikids meet. Looking forward to them. The scary part is now Alex has tasted victory - 1st time ever in 1st place. I just hope she does not get disappointed if she does not place so well in the future!!

Hey, you must be near us! We live in Illinois, just a hop skip and a jump from Saint Louis! My dd was supposed to go to that concert as well! What gym does your dd go to? Mine is at Midwest Twisters.

We are at GT Performance. I think we have competed against Midwest Twisters before. Are you able to make it to the rescheduled date since it is a Weekday?

Great job to her at her first L4 meet! What great scores and placements. Looks like the start to a great season!!

As to video. I can't it it off my regular videocamera, so I tape them all on my digital camera that takes really decent video. Not as good as the real video camera, but since I can't get the video off that thing anyway, why bother. I have a jumble of different kind of media for the girls to have when they are older. Which will all be obsolete of course. LOL.

We are at GT Performance. I think we have competed against Midwest Twisters before. Are you able to make it to the rescheduled date since it is a Weekday?

I am not sure yet. It is actually my older daughter that was going with a friend. She has cheer practice that night and coach frowns on missing for things such as Hannah Montanna! We'll see, I think she will understand since it is a schedule change and tickets have been purchased! My little gymmie is beside herself because she can not go. Oh well, we just went to the Jonas Brothers when they were here. I worried I would never get my hearing back after that concert!:D Have fun!

How long do you have to get a refund of your ticket to Miley if you need to? We are still going we don't have gym on Wednesdays so no intefering with that. I am not sure whether to pull her out of school early since I know Scotttrade will be a nightmare with the ticketless system. We went to her last concert here and I have to admit I really enjoyed it! I am actually looking forward to going myself. Just don't tell anyone!! hehe

I would never tell! I enjoyed the Jonas Brothers....I hated the screaming girls! I am sure that if my dd does not go, the family she was going with will just find someone else. I bet it will be a good idea to go early. Are the Cardinals in town that day? That always makes things crazy! Have fun!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back