1st level 7 meet this Sunday!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymjourneymom

Proud Parent
DD has her 1st level 7 meet this Sunday & she is all excited & bouncing around:jump:. So nice to see her this happy & not nervous! It's been a rough rough road & she almost didn't move up to 7:((fear issues). She won't be competing her new found giant...not ready yet. So it will be clear(free)hips. Beam is still a worry too...but we try to keep a positive... Zen like focus:meditate:. Vault is usually a good event for her, shouldn't be a problem(don't want to jinx her though!). But, what she can't wait for is FLOOR:hyper:...finally she is competing with her own music & floor routine...something she's never done before! If you would please send some luck her way, we'd really appreciate it:)...it's been a roller coaster year for her so far.

Last edited:
Oh this must be so exciting. Great that she has found a way to work through her issues, I am sure that the thrill of the floor music will make it all worth it.

I'll be sending all my good thoughts her way on Sunday.

Sending lots and lots of good luck thoughts your way. Can't wait to hear how it goes :)

How exciting Gymjourneymom!!! I'm sure she will do awesome!!! I will gather all the gym fairies in Md and send them your way!!! I can't wait to see her floor routine--I bet she is bursting with excitement!! I'm sure her personality will really shine through and she will rock the house!! (Sorry--the cheer mom is coming out in me)! Be sure to put up videos after the meet!! Tell her to relax and have fun with everything!!!!

How exciting Gymjourneymom!!! I'm sure she will do awesome!!! I will gather all the gym fairies in Md and send them your way!!! I can't wait to see her floor routine--I bet she is bursting with excitement!! I'm sure her personality will really shine through and she will rock the house!! (Sorry--the cheer mom is coming out in me)! Be sure to put up videos after the meet!! Tell her to relax and have fun with everything!!!!
Thanks so much! Her coach has let her develop quite a unique floor routine:D. She really lets loose! It's all her...so I think that's why she is so excited about showing it off! I think some judges will love it...some...not so much:rolleyes:. But she has a GREAT time doing it & it shows through in her performance. She was the hit of her mock meet with it:p. I wish I knew how to post vids...I'm tech challenged:dopey:. But DH says my vids are "unwatchable" anyway b/c I'm usually crying while I tape(I'm just so darn proud of her, I can't control myself:eek:), and my hands shake the entire time!LOL!!!

What a very exciting moment!!! Sending lots of great thoughts her way &

Wishing your dd many good luck wishes! Hope she nails it all!

Good luck for your 1st level 7 meet, I am sure she will be awesome and those giants will come eventually (we also had our fair share of fear issues). Cant wait to see her floor routine especially !!

. But DH says my vids are "unwatchable" anyway b/c I'm usually crying while I tape(I'm just so darn proud of her, I can't control myself:eek:), and my hands shake the entire time!LOL!!!
That is hilarous, I am the same way. I CANNOT video.. I get too nervous. My vault videos are the WORST. I tend to 'jump' when she hit the table - Kind of like i am helping her Block off the table! I dont think I have ever gotten her vault normall you see run, run, run Springboard..... something above the table.... and landing....

Good luck to your DD this weekend! Post the videos - even the blurry teary ones !

That is hilarous, I am the same way. I CANNOT video.. I get too nervous. My vault videos are the WORST. I tend to 'jump' when she hit the table - Kind of like i am helping her Block off the table! I dont think I have ever gotten her vault normall you see run, run, run Springboard..... something above the table.... and landing....

Good luck to your DD this weekend! Post the videos - even the blurry teary ones !
Too much! lol! We must be twins! I don't even bother trying to get vault anymore!!! Also, with floor...I don't think you could even hear her floor music...the sound of my heart beating:heartbeat: so loud & fast would drown it out, lol!....at least that's how it is from my perspective!:D

Good Luck, Good Luck, Good Luck! How exciting to have her first optional meet! Sending lots of good luck wishes your way!!!! She'll be fabulous! I don't blame you for the tears. They work so hard and they are so inspiring. It is hard not to cry. Hugs for mom!

Good luck to your dd! I can SO relate to your feelings at meets! It's funny how we get all choked-up about our kids, isn't it? We have to go around blubbering all the time in front of eveyone, b/c we have such strong emotions for them!
:p
I am so glad for her that she has come to this point in her gymnastics, after such a long & hard year. Good for her and good job, mom! ;)

Try to have some fun at the meet, lol! :rolleyes:

Hey GymJourneyMom - Best of luck to your DD in her meet on Sunday. I am sure she will rock the floor if she is that excited about her routine and music. My DD is going to get her own for the spring (Rookie) season. she cannot wait. She doesn't really know what Rookie is - just that it is not L3 :p

Anyway - I really want to wish your DD the best of luck and hand that video camera to your DH so we can watch too !!!!:D

Tell dd to have a great 1st meet as a L7 and rock the place with her floor routine. The rest will be smoothed out in time and can't wait to hear when she gets to compete those giants.

Good luck, we'll be competing our first level 7 meet this weekend as well. Have fun, and let us know how well things go!

Well, tomorrow is the BIG day! I'm much more nevous than DD:p. But seriously...it will be great to see her out there fufilling a dream! This optional floor routine has been a carrot dangling in front of her all through compulsories. No matter how it goes...she'll be on cloud nine:cloud9:! Thanks for all the good luck wishes! She'll put them to good use:D!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back