Parents 1st Meet in January Giant fairy??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gym monkeys mom

Proud Parent
Ok so it is crunch time for DD now on bars. :)We officially know that the first meet will be January 10th at the U of M Gopher Invite Session 2. We are very fortunate that we have a small session only 57 gymnasts total only 21 are Level 7's so it should be less overwhelming than last year at this meet. Last year we had over 7 kids all the tough gyms and DD wass only level 7 on her team ugh! This year she has teammates and a much better session. Plus we can stay for the Gopher Meet yeah!! We could use a bar fairy now for this giant in a routine and than a flyaway. Coach says she is doing it so I hope she can figures it out.:confused: Anyone else going to this meet??:confused:

Sending good luck and a Giant Fairy (now that's a funny thought!) your way. Have a great meet.

I had a good laugh over the image of a Giant Fairy!!!!:D Thanks Bog for the laugh.

Gym Monkeys mom....Good luck to your DD. She will do great. Sending bar fairies your way....Giant ones too.

GymMonkey Mom.. Sending the Giants your way!! I know Gym Monkey can do it! she is a very talented young lady.

btw - how did you find out when you meet? We havent gotten our meet times yet.

sending the bars fair to your DD with special mission of giants and flyaway! hope she has fun and does great!

Update

Hey Gymmonkeymomma that is our first meet also. Any chance you are in MN?? Just found out we got our sessions switched we are now sunday night starting at 6pm. Yuck I dont think anyone should have to do gymnastics at that time of day.

Anyways DD did loads of giants tonight on the pit bar. YEAH way to go monkey girl (my DD)!! Lets hope during the next 13 partices she can transfer this to a routine and pull a flyaway out of it.:p That's not too much to ask is it??? Hey instead of the giant fairy LOL. Maybe she could ask for this for christmas.:rolleyes:

Thanks for all the support guys I really need it. I can feel the gray hairs growing in my head.

Hey Gymmonkeymomma that is our first meet also. Any chance you are in MN?? Just found out we got our sessions switched we are now sunday night starting at 6pm. Yuck I dont think anyone should have to do gymnastics at that time of day.

Anyways DD did loads of giants tonight on the pit bar. YEAH way to go monkey girl (my DD)!! Lets hope during the next 13 partices she can transfer this to a routine and pull a flyaway out of it.:p That's not too much to ask is it??? Hey instead of the giant fairy LOL. Maybe she could ask for this for christmas.:rolleyes:

Thanks for all the support guys I really need it. I can feel the gray hairs growing in my head.
Sounds like she's on her way to the land of GIANTS!!!! Congrats to DD!!! My DD is in the exact same situation...needs that flyaway out of it! It's just always something with this sport isn't it:rolleyes:. Best wishes to your DD! If you find out where to get a fly away for Christmas...please promise you'll share the info:D!

Nope! We are in NJ. My DD is supposed to do 2 giants into a flyaway but she is having fear issues about the flyaway. I think we have 19 practices till the meet if I'm counting correctly!
Me thinks all 3 of our DD's are in the some boat! Must be a common issue at this level. I have faith in ALL of them! If they practice...it will come:D! Best wishes to your DD also!

It will be a good day when we can all post they all 3 have their giants and the meet went well.:p I wonder if GK sell giants with flyaways:confused: I am glad DD is worried about bars.I could not handel anymore. I guess next year we can worry over pirouettes or release moves. LOL Best wishes and prayers to all!!

We are needing her too, although not that much anymore, dd did one (1?) at her last practice, i didnt see it but her coach said she did it, we have nine more practices until her 1st meet, sounds like the giant bar fairy needs to clone herself!

Wishing that the Giant Bar Fairy visits all of your gymmies!!!!!!!!! :D Can't wait to hear about it - when they all get them!!!!

Kristilyn73
She is doing ok. She actually is doing them on the pit bar. All was going well until here elbow hurt. HC thinks she bruised it last week on a dive rolls. UM why were the Level 7's doing dive rolls???? Then he sent her to beam where the coach was mean and made her do BHS on it?? Gee so do we think that was a good idea. DD is off tonight. I will take her to chiroptactor that we see. He usually helps.

We do not have a mock meet with a judge. I wish we did HC din't set one up. UGH!! So basically things are gtting better but, we will see at Gopher I guess how it goes. Maybe I will need to go to the bathroom during bars. LOL

Thanks for asking. I think the first meet will be rough but then perk up. I hope santa brings a giant giant flyaway for christmas.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back