1st Meet this Weekend

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

flippersmom

DD has her first level 6 meet this weekend. Nervous for her. Last year was her second year at 5, so she had a great season and improved so much. I know that she will start with lower scores, I just hope she's ready. I think she is. I keep telling her states isn't until April, so has so much time. Just hoping for a 31 - that will get her to states. She will probably take a pause before squat on after second kip - that's her weak area right now and it would be better than falling (at least for her emotionally).

Hard part is it's a judges meet and since I passed my test this fall, I am working (not judging yet, just timing, flashing, writting ribbons and stuff). There are two meet side by side in same gym, so I am working on the other side. She is totally okay with it, but I know I'll be trying to sneak peaks and checking out the scoreboard. Just don't think I'll be able to cheer her on from across the floor! Best parent friend isn't going, so she won't be able to cheer her on. Two other parents probably will, two others probably won't because they only care about their kids. Yeah, those type of parents.

Oh well, I tell her no matter what, she'll do great. I told her she can already do so much more that I could imagine - told her picture me trying, which she responded we would have to have the ambulance on speed dial!

Good Luck to your daughter! I'm sure she will do great. We have our first level meet the following weekend - also Judges Cup.

Good luck Flipper! She sounds like she is really ready. Sending lots of "cheering fairies" her way! Can't wait to hear how well she does! I have to give you credit because I am not sure I could concentrate on the timing while she was in the other gym competing.

Best wishes to you and your dd! I think you mentioned in another thread you are in MD, those are some tough judges! But fair too. It's good to get the season off to a start now so she has all the kinks worked out by the time states roll around. I'm sure she'll do great, just make sure you survive this new experience!

Thanks all. Hopefully I'll get to practice judge some. I did a little this past weekend. There may be some changes to the schedule, so I may end up on her side. Unfortunately I'll be timing beam, so I won't be able to watch her that much. Maybe I won't get too nervous that way. I did used to help the coach on floor sometimes last year, so she's used to me being on the floor. But the funny thing is, I never watched her on beam when I was on the floor. I was always afraid she'd catch my eye! So I guess I do hope we are on opposite sides!

Good luck to her! And to you in your practice judging!:) I don't think I'd be able to sit that close while dd competed. It's bad enough I can hardly watch from across the gym! ;)

Good luck to both of you!! It would be hard for me to stay focused on what I am supposed to do knowing my DD was competing across the gym!! How nervewrecking that would be!! Good Luck!!

Good luck to her! Hope some parents cheer for her. Hope you get in some practice judging as well! Congrats to you!

Sending her lots of fairies!

She'll have a great meet! Bummer that you won't be able to watch (I missed most of Beth's State meet last year because our gym hosted and I was entering scores on vault), but at least she understands :)

That's a shame that some of you have to work a meet where your dd is competing. Our gym works around that, so other levels are working while our dd's compete and then we work for them.

1st meet in L6 is a huge step forward (don't let that get her all worked up though). Congrats and best of luck! Tell her it's ok to take a break on the bars on the first meet if she has to. It's only a small deduction for not connecting.

1st meet in L6 is a huge step forward (don't let that get her all worked up though). Congrats and best of luck! Tell her it's ok to take a break on the bars on the first meet if she has to. It's only a small deduction for not connecting.

Yep, she will probably take the break and the deduction. She is still practice and can get it often, but doesn't want to risk it when it counts unless she's getting it consistantly at practice tonight and tomorrow. She's going to try to take a small pause (less than 2 seconds) so she doesn't get that deduction as well!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back