2008 cactus cooler invitational results!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

J

Jea_bernadette

last weekend i went to Las Vegas to compete in the cactus cooler invitational as a level 5

here are my scores

vault: 9.4- 1st
bars:8.925-2nd
beam:9.225- 1st
floor:8.875- 3rd
AA: 36.45- 2nd
my floor score should have been higher and everyone at the meet thought it should have been higher too and my coach questioned the score but the judge said she didnt like that i was sharp not graceful
but im over it whatever

Congratulations! It sounds like you did incredibly well, especially on Vault and beam placing 1st and recieving outstanding scores.

Remember that even though gymnastics has a set of criteria for deductions it is still a very subjective sport. Personal opinions do come into play when arriving at final score desicions. This was just one persons opinion on one day. I think one of the most important things about competitions is dealing with situations like this.

If gymnasts can take the scores from judges as feedback but not allow it to affect their confidence and esteem then you will truly master the competitive experience. Even though it was below what you probably tend to achieve 8.875 is still an excellent score and you were still up there as one of the top three in your division. Be proud.

Nice work! You did very well!
Floor-hey, some judges are really picky about dance, others want to see powerful tumbling. At the last meet I went to, she really liked dance and was lowering start values like crazy because people didn't complete or stepped back on their 1 1/2 turns. (level 7) Our coach noticed this in the team before us and told us to really focus on that, and we all got credit. I love dancy-judges because I do better. The power-jugdes just kill me because I'm not that good at tumbling. With a dancy- judge and all tumbling passes (thankfully) made, I scored an 8.3. With a power-judge with all passes made, I only got a 7.3.

I tend to score much higher when the judges like powerful gymnasts. Thats me. The dancy judges don't tend to give me such great scores because I can't dance. lol

I tend to score much higher when the judges like powerful gymnasts. Thats me. The dancy judges don't tend to give me such great scores because I can't dance. lol

I'm so sorry but I can't resist!

"I don't dance. I know you can. Not a chance. If I can do this then you can do that...But I don't dance! (Hit it out of the park) HSM 2!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back