2009 Visa Championships

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ooh, good luck! I'm sure you'll do just fine!! Did you know Nastia and Sam P are competing too?
Yes I did! I have been at the Karolyi's camp with Sam but never Nastia so I'm pretty excited about that. I leave tomorrow and had an awesome practice today. It looks like its going to be a great meet! :D

Thanks for all the support and I'll keep in touch!

Well I'm pretty sure that Nastia is going, but I think Shawn isn't training anymore. From an interveiw I saw on The Today show she said she was thinking about retireing. Idk about the other though. Btw when are the Visa

Ok so I just got home so I thought I would give you guys an update. It was my first championships to compete in and it was a great experience. I have gone and watched one before and to be inside of it all was so weird. I never realized how big it was! As first it was kind of intimidating, so I was definately thankful for the week we had to train there because it was my first podium and second elite meet so that helped calm the nerves a lot. I ended up hitting 7 for 8 which wasn't my best but it was still pretty good. Day one I was really shakey and nervous. I tried not to think of all the people and treat it like another meet, but that didn't work out so well. Day two I did so much better, I got all my nerves out on the first day of competition so I was a lot more calm and just tried not to let my head get the best of me. I still have a lot to work on like hitting handstands more consistently and landings on floor especially. I didn't make the junior national team but I didn't think I would anyways, so I'm not heart broken about that. With lots of great gymnasts out there I was very pleased to make the top 20. I really hope I can make it again next year! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back