2010 Chalk Bucket Challenge is now OPEN!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Welcome to the 2010 Chalkbucket Challenge!!!

Here are the basic rules:

- The Challenge is open to parents only.

- Submissions are to be in the form of embedded videos.

- One gymnastics element only. It can be a jump, leap, turn or an acrobatic element. *Each element must begin and end with an official "salute".

- Appropriate dress, yes the kids will be sneaking a peek for sure :D.

- No more than three alcoholic drinks are allowed for the parent, though the camera person can do as they wish. *We at Chalk Bucket are not responsible for any mishaps or injuries that occur. Please drink responsibly :D!!!

*If you have already stated that you are a former gymnast, we will be expecting big things from you.

- Skills from L1-L6 USAG are all acceptable, for help go to Gymnastics Revolution - Gymnastics Interactive-Index - 203-798-8651 for ideas.

- Closing date is Friday October 29th, 2010. Judging will be done by a ridiculously unqualified and totally biased panel of judges.

Good luck to all!!!!

I could totally do a leap, but if comedy factor is the decider, hmmm. lemme bust out my attempts at a kickover. With a mat. Or a block. Heck I may need a wall and just call it a fall -over :p

brb calling my sponsors

Of course you can do more than one element, but just like in USAG and FIG, adding an element will result in a deduction for the added element, plus any applicable form dections on the added elements! SO really you could end up with a score of minus eleventy billion!!!

I still want to see that L4 beam routine.

Linsul, any takers on the sponsorship deal. I have a nice label from a gin bottle!!!

Why yes bog, I do! I'm uploading the sponsorship poster as I type!

Oh but wait! Linsuls cupboards hold even more 5yr old bottles than she previously thought. Ill have to update and edit this asap!

My Sponsors:
cbsponsor1.jpg

The rum and hypnotiq are more a science experiment than anything else now..no joke, about 5-6yrs old.
Blueberry lager was my favorite summer drink
Apricot Ale was Labor day bbq goodness
champagne is from last years bellini something or other
and the margarita is a souvenir from some truck stop I got gas from when I was lost in January. They served food on paper rather than plates too. My husband and I were fascinated.

What I'll actually be drinking:
cbsponsor2.jpg

I like to mix vitamin water with pellegrino, it's my new favorite thing

Last edited:
LOL you have quite the collection there dear!!! Seems your sponsors love you!

I'm one of those people that brings enough for everybody at gatherings and such. Considering what I've left in hosts fridges and the converts I create I think I'm actually their sponsor lol!

A bottle of Margarita would never last more than a week in my house! YUMM. Do I get Connection Bonus if I do my skills with Margarita in hand?

Okay, since I am new to all of this I have a question or two. Is it the parent doing the "trick" (i made sure i said doing, not turning..lol)? And is it supposed to be serious, or is it supposed to be funny? Sorry, just wanted to ask.

Definitely the parent doing the skill. The past entries have often been very amusing, not always because they intended it to be, but things just turn out that way.

The whole intent is definitely fun, it's also a way to get to know each other!

Oh Lord, my husband is already charging up the camera..lol. He asked if the dads can do it too, even though he isnt a member. My husband is 6'6" 275lbs and as limber as a piece of wood...now that would be worth getting on video, medics coming to take him to the hospital and all..lol

I look forward to all of your entries. The last challenge had me laughing so hard I think I fell off the couch.

Remember parents form is important! We expect (sorta kinda sorta) to see straight legs and pointed toes!

I hope there are lots of entries from both moms and dads! To honor the sponsors and contribute to your endless fundraisers, I will drink a margarita while watching the videos.

I hope you have been practicingand can't wait to see the first entries.

Isn't there a no leaping under the influence law?????LOL Wishing everyone the best and no injuries!!!!! Warning The Gymnast General has determined that Leaping by intoxicated Adults May result in torn ACL, Twisted ankles, pulled hamstrings and the inability to walk normally or in upright position for two to three weeks!!!!! Maybe we need AGE Groups and Weight Classes as a 25 year old 5' 100 LB Mom deffinitly has an advantage over a 40 Yr old 5', 150 LB MOM.:D

Isn't there a no leaping under the influence law?????

I'm totally doing that now!

btl1.jpg

*EDIT* I practiced my kickover last night, NOT a good thing to try with a sinus infection. I did handstand, bridge, kickover, failed a million times, got one. However my camera woman failed me and didn't get it. She was too busy playing coach lol. Anyway, 2 advil later my head still felt like it was going to explode so no upside down for me!

Last edited:
Less chatting. More pics. This is my first time watching the Challenge and so far you people are disappointing me. :)

Come on people!! Get those video cameras out and start posting some entries!!!! Do you really want me to take this title for the third year in a row by default?????

So far we have NO entries, so ANYTHING like a forward roll or a turn or dance element in the level 4 floor routine is better than what we have now (NOTHING).

Come on guys and gals! LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back