2011 World's Guessing Game

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

There's a thread on predicting the 2012 women's Olympic team. That seems a bit of a stretch right now, but since World's has just concluded, what are your thoughts on next year's World Championship team? Here's my pick:

Bross
Sloan
Sacramone
Johnson
Raisman
Wieber
alt - Maroney

Jordyn Weiber
Rebecca Bross
Alicia Sacramone
Ali Raisman
Bridget Caquatto
McKayla Maroney/Vanessa Zamarippa
alt: Shawn Johnson

I highly doubt Larson will ever make a World/Olympic team again, given her proven ability to fold under pressure. Also, isn't she going to UCLA/Stanford/some college and differed the 1st semester for Worlds???

Jordyn Wieber
Aly Raisman
Alicia Sacramone
Rebecca Bross
Mattie Larson
Nastia Liukin
Alt: Kyla Ross (will she be old enough??)
Is Shawn really coming back? I think Nastia will.. Did anyone else see the video of her training bars!!??? And does anyone know anythinng about Kytra Hunter?? Is she going to college??? And didn't Vanessa Zamarippa quit??

Johnson et. al.

Jordyn Wieber
Aly Raisman
Alicia Sacramone
Rebecca Bross
Mattie Larson
Nastia Liukin
Is Shawn really coming back? I think Nastia will.. Did anyone else see the video of her training bars!!??? And does anyone know anythinng about Kytra Hunter?? Is she going to college??? And didn't Vanessa Zamarippa quit??

Johnson has been working out pretty hard lately and has a couple of YouTube vids showing her workouts.
YouTube - Shawn Johnson: Journey Begins
YouTube - Unplugged
The BBC also had this on TV:
YouTube - Shawn Johnson starts Olympic comeback

Liukin is a lot more questionable than Johnson right now. VanZam is a junior at UCLA and we'll probably see her at Nationals again in 2011 and maybe contending for a WAG Championships spot if she can upgrade sufficiently.

Jordyn Weiber
Rebecca Bross
Alicia Sacramone
Ali Raisman
Bridget Caquatto
McKayla Maroney/Vanessa Zamarippa
alt: Shawn Johnson

I highly doubt Larson will ever make a World/Olympic team again, given her proven ability to fold under pressure. Also, isn't she going to UCLA/Stanford/some college and differed the 1st semester for Worlds???

Jordyn Wieber
Aly Raisman
Alicia Sacramone
Rebecca Bross
Mattie Larson
Nastia Liukin

I agree with the above re: Mattie larson...Marta will NEVER let her compete for the US on a World stage again...if I were her, I would expedite my enrollment at UCLA and be done with the elite scene ...she's a great gymnast and was fabulous at Nats but her performance at Worlds sealed her elite fate as far as Marta goes.

i don't see Nastia realistically coming back as she seems to be having fun having a normal life. Zamarippa didn't quit but with all her successes in college, she should continue with that and not bother with the camps and elite and all it entails. Kytra Hunter is scheduled to go to Univ of Florida, I believe this January.

Wieber should be a lock if she can stay healthy; Ross would need to tweak her bars with upgrades and I am not sure if she'd be old enough anyway. Vega will be a Senior but she's really an average elite with scores that tend to range in the 54-56 area with no real "WOW" event so I don't see her breaking in to the top echelon...Maroney's vaults will definitely put her in the mix though...

I Think:
Jordyn Wieber
Rebecca Bross
Alicia Sacramone
Shawn Johnson(If she makes a good comeback)
Makayla Maroney
Aly Raisman
Alt-Mackenzie Wofford
Mattie will never make a world or olympic team again, she blew it.

Jordyn Wieber
Aly Raisman
Alicia Sacramone
Rebecca Bross
Mattie Larson
Nastia Liukin

Isn't Nastia going to college?
i knew Shawn and Alicia were coming back but I though Nastia wasn't

Jordyn Wieber
Aly Raisman
Alicia Sacramone
Rebecca Bross
Mattie Larson
Nastia Liukin

Vanessa has a torn achiles right now so she is out for the season, hasn't quit as far as I know, but she did pass up her offer to the training camp this last time around so we shall see.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back