WAG 2017 Las Vegas invitational

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All of the gymnasts entered in the invitational, at all levels, have already been uploaded to meet scores online. The elite qualifier gymnasts are under the levels listed as H1, H2, JR and SR under the levels tab. Crazy number of girls! http://meetscoresonline.com/results/18467

I have a question, maybe you can answer.
I'm assuming H1 is 10-11 and H2 is 12-13.
For girls who are doing compulsory AND optional, is that the junior and senior?
Or, is H1 compulsory, and H2 is optional, and then junior and senior is what differentiates them between 10-11 and 12-13?
not that it matters - I've found the gymmies I want to follow, but I'm just curious.
Thanks!

I think H1 is 10-11 year old hopes, H2 is 12-13 year old hopes, JR is gymnasts entered to qualify junior elite and SR is gymnasts entered to qualify senior elite. I am not sure what the CH/JR/SR breakdown within the H1 group designates.

Looking at the H1 level, the JR are the 10-11 age group and SR is 12-13 is the age group. I think H2 might be the girls just competing the little optional routines.

Looking at the H1 level, the JR are the 10-11 age group and SR is 12-13 is the age group. I think H2 might be the girls just competing the little optional routines.
That would make sense.
The gymmie I am watching shows as H1 senior. She is doing compulsory AND optional, and is in the 12-13 age group.
And then H2 could be girls who have already qualified compulsory, and this meet is to have them qualify optional only.
Sounds good to me, at least!

Reactions: sce
If you have not been able to qualify for elite by 13 are you out of luck?
No. The 10-11 & 12-13 age divisions are for the Hopes program, which is a pre-elite type program for younger girls on the elite path. You do not need to participate in Hopes at all to qualify as a Jr/Sr elite and can qualify at any time, so a girl can compete in her first elite qualifier as a 16 year old and jump straight to Sr. Elite.

Can somebody tell me the purpose of going elite? Are setting up for a div 1 scholarship? Where do you go from there? Trying to make Olympics?

Can somebody tell me the purpose of going elite? Are setting up for a div 1 scholarship? Where do you go from there? Trying to make Olympics?

Generally, elites are trying to make the national team, get international assignments and yes, make the Olympic team.

Many girls go elite who don't ever get selected for teams...but they gain recognition and are noticed by colleges....at least this is what my 9 year old tells me...so if it is wrong, don't shoot the messenger...:rolleyes:;)

Lately, most of the kids I know of trying to go elite are trying to get committed to college and take the stress out of the whole college gymnastics race. The cream of the crop 'elites' are trying to go further and do the whole national team thing (what an experience!).
The only risk with the kids in 9th and 10th grade, competing L9 & L10, attempting qualification and having verbal commitments is staying HEALTHY........the kids who are seriously amazing should try and go for national team.

I'm apologize for this question but, What does it mean to be an elite qualifier?

Certain competitions have elite and hopes qualifier sessions. There are both optional and compulsory routines the girls have to compete and they can either do them the same weekend or different weekends. They need to acheive a certains core to qualify hopes or elite, junior or senior. Hopes is not elite but a level below it that can lead to elite.

I see many of the girls who competed against my daughter in level 9 doing the elite qualifiers at this event - are they also able to compete level 10? if they qualify for jr elite, can they still compete level 10 state/regional/JO national, etc? qualify for nastia cup?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back