WAG 2021 World Championships

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Anyone ready to talk about worlds? Are any of the Olympic team planning to stick around for Worlds? I think Jade should so she can get a chance to do her triple double on floor. Also it doesn't appear we have anyone ready to step up and compete for a vault medal. I was thinking Skye Blakely, Kayla Dicello, and Zoe Miller.

Biles and Skinner will be touring with Biles gymnastics tour, unless of course either Biles doesn't feel up to it (IIRC she said she just might not do many twisting elements) or covid delta / delta-plus shuts it all down. Anyway, I don't know what other gymnasts are planning on being on that tour, but I imagine they wouldn't be going to Worlds either.

There’s no team event at this year’s worlds, so each country is only taking three gymnasts maximum (Australia is only taking two). The subdivision draw was done a few days ago - the Australian gymnasts are in the same subdivision as the USA which means we might actually get to see them!)

Chellsie Memmel! She's made a great progress based on her videos, I hope she is ready by Worlds!
I would have to veto Chellsie. I think what she has done is amazing but we have to get the new seniors experience. The next Olympics is just three years away.

I’m a huge Chellsie fan, I think the example she is setting for older gymnasts is incredible. I hope she makes it and proves you can compete at the highest levels at her age. I don’t know enough of the young seniors to guess who else would be ready.

Does anybody know what is going on with Leanne Wong? Is she still being quarantined or did she go home? I hope she will continue to train and be at the next world championships.

She’s home. What year is she? Does she start college in the fall?

Most of the athletes mentioned are going to college this year and are reevaluating whether they are going to make a push for Paris after completing their freshman year. Others are competing in the Gold over America tour. Around 5 from Championships & Trials had or are having surgery, but they will be ready to compete next season.

So. A limited number of athletes will try for Worlds 2022 and most/all of those age eligible were invited to September camp at Championships. They have been trying to develop routines that work for the old and new code. That's not easy to do over a few months!

Here is the Senior National Team, minus the members of the Olympics team, because I don't think any of them will go to Worlds:

Skye Blakely
Kayla DiCello
Amari Drayton
Kara Eaker
Addison Fatta
Shilese Jones
Emily Lee
Emma Malabuyo
Riley McCusker
Zoe Miller
Ava Siegfeldt
Leanne Wong

Any of these gymnasts have college commitment? I couldn't find the full list of NCAA freshmen.

Riley is in Florida already, I believe to start college. Emily Lee ruptured her Achilles, no? So, she probably won’t be there. Skye has also been injured, and I believe had or is having surgery.

OK, updating the list. :)
Also found that Emma Malabuyo is going to UCLA, Leanne Wong is going to Florida, and Kara Eaker is going to Utah.

The list is getting pretty small.

Kayla DiCello
Amari Drayton
Addison Fatta
Shilese Jones
Zoe Miller
Ava Siegfeldt

OK, updating the list. :)
Also found that Emma Malabuyo is going to UCLA, Leanne Wong is going to Florida, and Kara Eaker is going to Utah.

The list is getting pretty small.

Kayla DiCello
Amari Drayton
Addison Fatta
Shilese Jones
Zoe Miller
Ava Siegfeldt
Shilese is HS Class of 2020, probably postponed her college freshman year because of Olympics but not sure if she postpones again?
Also, don't forget Konnor McClain.

Shilese was supposed to go to Florida, right? But, never signed a NLI? If I’m not mistaken, Konnor also had surgery.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back