Parents 2022 Kpac Cup Schedule?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So frustrating. And what's sort of comical is that the deadline for the group rate on the hotel was yesterday....before the schedule is released!

So frustrating. And what's sort of comical is that the deadline for the group rate on the hotel was yesterday....before the schedule is released!
We always used to book our reservations for the full weekend and then adjust as needed.

We always used to book our reservations for the full weekend and then adjust as needed.
Usually do that for hotels, but flights are different, much less coordinating child care for the other children. And this is an elite qualifier plus JO meet so have no idea what to expect on schedule front.

We aren’t going to KPAC, but I always heard that people do this, but it never works out for me. Whenever I try to change a reservation by taking a day off, the price readjusts to the current rate which is usually a lot more. One time I tried to change a hotel in Chicago from 3 to 2 nights and my cost would have gone up! (2 nights at the current rate was more than 3 nights at the rate I booked at) it still makes me mad. Is there a secret to doing it?

We aren’t going to KPAC, but I always heard that people do this, but it never works out for me. Whenever I try to change a reservation by taking a day off, the price readjusts to the current rate which is usually a lot more. One time I tried to change a hotel in Chicago from 3 to 2 nights and my cost would have gone up! (2 nights at the current rate was more than 3 nights at the rate I booked at) it still makes me mad. Is there a secret to doing it?
Calling the hotel directly and punching through to the front desk usually works for me. I know sometimes if you go through the normal phone tree you get pushed to the centralized reservation and they will do exactly what you are describing. But if you talk directly to the specific hotel and their staff they can change the dates without changing the rates. At least that has always worked.

Same as gym_dad - when I have had problems changing dates online, I call the hotel location directly. They can change it without issue most times. However, if these are part of a block that the meet hosts set up, it should not matter if you change dates as the rates should be the same throughout.

Doesn't KPac take place yearly? You could check to see previous years and to see if there is a sequence they go by. Also, you could ask your coaches to check on general idea. Our coaches used to be able to tell us at least the day that the meet host was planning each level. Upper levels usually are more set than the lower levels.

Has anyone seen a schedule for this year Kpac Cup?
I called their gym directly yesterday, because my frustration finally boiled over. They said that it should be finalized today. (Fingers Crossed) I asked specifically about level 6 and they said Saturday...no clue on time frame, though.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back