2nd level 5 meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Emma did FABULOUS! Love her bar score, she is such an amazing little gymnast.

Sorry about the beam... these little gymmies want so hard to do everything right, and it devastates with that first fall. Grrrr to coach for being upset - sometimes the tears just come and they can't help it. The good news is that she got the fall out of her system...

Next time when she hits it all - watch out! Looking forward to her vids :D

Awesome job to your dd. We always had the next 3 girls up in the beam rotation visualizing their routines, so that helped in that they couldn't watch. After the first meet of us making them do it, they then took it upon themselves to do it. It was super cute, and it worked very well. Of a team of 10 girls, we might have averaged 1-2 falls per meet. Of course some meets were better than others, but that seemed to be the average, and it worked great for us.

I'm sure her 1st beam fall was upsetting to her(poor little thing:(!), glad she's able to shake off now & look forward to practice today. Chalk it up to experience & move on...that's the right attitude. She did rock on bars didn't she! Congrats to Emma!:bars:

Thanks! We've got a couple weeks until the next meet. She'll get it together. I am not sure I can sell her on the "sticky feet water" again.:D

Emma did FABULOUS! Love her bar score, she is such an amazing little gymnast.

Sorry about the beam... these little gymmies want so hard to do everything right, and it devastates with that first fall. Grrrr to coach for being upset - sometimes the tears just come and they can't help it. The good news is that she got the fall out of her system...

Next time when she hits it all - watch out! Looking forward to her vids :D

Thanks! We saw A's videos! She did awesome! Tell her congrats for us. We so love to watch her. She has the grace of a 20 year old. My husband's dad took the pictures this time so hopefully I can get the video soon. She tried to not cry she said, "but it just came". She knows that she shouldn't cry because it really is no big deal but she just couldn't stop herself. Anyhow....what can you do? Thanks again!

Awesome job to your dd. We always had the next 3 girls up in the beam rotation visualizing their routines, so that helped in that they couldn't watch. After the first meet of us making them do it, they then took it upon themselves to do it. It was super cute, and it worked very well. Of a team of 10 girls, we might have averaged 1-2 falls per meet. Of course some meets were better than others, but that seemed to be the average, and it worked great for us.

Thanks for the advice. Sounds like a great plan of action. I am definitely going to pass it along to my dd.

My husband's dad took the pictures this time so hopefully I can get the video soon. She tried to not cry she said, "but it just came". She knows that she shouldn't cry because it really is no big deal but she just couldn't stop herself. Anyhow....what can you do? Thanks again!

Awesome - looking forward to the vids... Same thing happened to A with bars - she said she tried, but just could not stop the tears. They are still so young and can't be expected to keep these overwhelming feelings in check. It is just so difficult to be so far away, & watch them break down like that.

Awesome - looking forward to the vids... Same thing happened to A with bars - she said she tried, but just could not stop the tears. They are still so young and can't be expected to keep these overwhelming feelings in check. It is just so difficult to be so far away, & watch them break down like that.

I saw A's video, what a great routine. She looks so small on the bars! What a great meet she had, especially for her first meet ever! She rocked! I can't wait to see what she does when these meets are old hat to her! :)

She did well! That is a very respectable score and I am sure she learned a lot at this meet.

This brings up an interesting point about teamates falling, particularly on beam. Sometimes, I've noticed, when one girl starts the pattern, others will follow.

So, I saw an interesting thing at a recent meet. There was one team that did something unusual during their beam rotation. The team was seated near the beam, and cheered for each girl while she competed, but they were seated facing backwards/away from the beam, and were not allowed to watch their teammate compete, and therefore did not know, if she fell off or not.

Interesting way to deal w/ the "fallies", don't you think?!

But I digress. Sounds like your dd does a very nice beam routine, if she can fall off twice an still get such a nice score! :)

Tell her 'good job'! :cool:

MSL529 - Very interesting - we were at at meet where one of my daughters teammates was up on beam 1st and straddled it coming off her tuck jump:eek:, HARD!!! All the girls were almost crying - - and they all had still yet to go! No one fell, but there sure were alot of terrified looking girls up there! BTW the one who fell was okay, but horribly bruised:(.

Emma's mom - Sounds like Emma still did great despite the beam falls. Hopefully she is not being too hard on herself, sometimes it just happens:)!

MSL529 - Very interesting - we were at at meet where one of my daughters teammates was up on beam 1st and straddled it coming off her tuck jump:eek:, HARD!!! All the girls were almost crying - - and they all had still yet to go! No one fell, but there sure were alot of terrified looking girls up there! BTW the one who fell was okay, but horribly bruised:(.

Emma's mom - Sounds like Emma still did great despite the beam falls. Hopefully she is not being too hard on herself, sometimes it just happens:)!

Thanks, she did do great despite the two falls. It was bound to happen some time and we are amazed she had never fallen until now. She has had two great practices since the meet. She won the front handspring contest tonight and the backroll extension ( not sure if I have the correct name for that). She is quite a happy girl so all is good. Next meet is a couple weeks away. We'll be holding our breath on beam for sure that day!:D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back