$$$$$

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Yes. I have 3 girls in the gym and this year will be the first with all 3 on the team. I just paid for 3 warmups. Ouch. Luckily the younger two are in lower levels so the leotards will not be as expensive, and they won't do as many meets as my oldest. It is still going to be challenging, though. Last year, my oldest did team gym AND competition dance. I work 30 hours a week mainly to pay for all of this. We skip vacations and lots of other things...sometimes I wonder what the heck we are doing.

I have the same problem. If I want anything, I have to pay for it, except tuition. I pay for my leo's, new grips, new wrist supports, new wristbands.

So glad my little one is only 5, and hopefully won't be competing until next season. Her coach said she might want her to compete one or two meets towards the end of the season (L3), but we'll see. I'm gonna start saving my pennies now though, and hope grandma and grandpa will help when we can't. They LOVE that their only granddaughter does gymnastics....oh I can hope right? ;-)

So glad my little one is only 5, and hopefully won't be competing until next season. Her coach said she might want her to compete one or two meets towards the end of the season (L3), but we'll see. I'm gonna start saving my pennies now though, and hope grandma and grandpa will help when we can't. They LOVE that their only granddaughter does gymnastics....oh I can hope right? ;-)

Yes, "grandma scholarships" are the best. In our case, our "grandma scholarship" covers meet fees and coaches fees. I guess we would manage without it, but our belts would definitely be a lot tighter. That alone comes to over $1200/ year!

I'm hoping Mary! (Does that sound awful?) They have already helped a little, and both really do love she's in it. They came and watched a two hour practice (even though g-pa DID fall asleep sitting up, lol). In his defense it was sort of a boring practice that day. But if they did it would be more of a birthday present/Christmas deal I think.

On a side note, I ran into my Aunt today at the grocery store, and she see's my little one's gym video's on Facebook when she gets new skills. She was telling my little one how proud of her she was, and what a great job she was doing, and the look on DD5's face, and HUGE smile, really made me happy. I could just see in her eyes how happy, content, and proud she was, and that makes it worth every penny.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back