4-for-4 Fairies Needed!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MaryA

Proud Parent
Proud Parent
I don't ask for much, do I?
:rolleyes:

5th level 6 meet this weekend, and it's likely to be a tough one (and yes... Lark Nets are likely to be involved ;)). DD really has it in her to do well, and while "winning" is not likely, I thinking "holding her own" is a definite possibility.

She is definitely a beam queen, and her vault has been fairly consitantly good at her meets. Her floor routine has been getting better bit by bit and she's getting closer and closer to a 9. Bars... (heavy sigh) At her last meet, her bar score was about the same as at her first meet (mid-7) BUT that was due to a bar touch on her free hip and a missed squat-on (stupid squat-on). Casts have gotten so much higher and everything is so pretty and straight and connected. She could do really well on bars... if she hits all of her skills.

I'd love to see her and her brand-new team (gym is still less than 6 months old) hold their own against some of the best gyms in the state (and country). Please cross fingers and toes for her, and for the rest of her team!

Justanothergymmom...
I tried to reply to your message but your mailbox is full, but to answer your questions, "yes", and "crack of dawn Saturday morning." :p

Good luck to your DD on Sunday!

sending all 4 fairies, I don't need them until Feb 18 weekend. Good luck to your DD I hope she rocks all of her routines and kicks some Lark Net bootie ;)

I am also sending all 4 fairies but if you don't mind sending them back on Feb. 17th before you send them on to gymmomntc2e6 on the 18th, I'd totally appreciate it - lol ;) Wishing your DD & her team the best at that big 'ol meet! (I'm almost positive that I know which one you're talking abt. even though we are on the other side of the state). Love to see newer/smaller teams come out on top against some of the bigger name/veteran gyms that tend to sweep the podium. Best of luck to K!

Good luck to Kathy. I hope she hits all her events! Fairies on the way. But could you please send them down to Florida on the 17th? Alex is competing in Orlando then! Even fairies deserve a nice Florida vacation!

Best of luck to you both! Oh, level 6 bars ... it is an interesting experience. DD has ranged between 7.7 and 8.9 in meets depending on the squat-on, so I just never know what to expect. Hopefully, all these fairies will help your DD!

Good luck! Those big meets can be intimidating but I am sure Kathy can hold her own! 4 for 4 fairies headed your way (its a long flight from where I am, hope they make it in time!)

I hope your daughter has a great meet! I'm sure she knows she just needs to do the best routines she can and let the chips fall where they may. It would be great, though, if both she and her team have a really good day.

We're sort of in the same situation -- my L6 DD has had a tough competition season so far and has a big meet this weekend at which our girls will be competing against some very strong teams. Ugh, that stupid free hip on bars!

What does your daughter really want to accomplish at this meet? I hope she overshoots all of her own expectations and hopes!

I'll send fairies your way if you send some mine way (since, you know, you can just keep giving....) We've had two pretty good meets, but with a missed connection on beam at the first and a fall from bars at the second so it sure would be nice to hit everything this weekend!! Good luck to you!

Sending the 4 for 4 fairies on their way. Tell her to take good care of them and send them back this way for the following weekend. Keep us posted on how she does.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back