Parents 4th place AA for Puma Jr's first USAIGC meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mrs. Puma

Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Ok, full disclosure before I continue....Yes. Yes, USAIGC Bronze is significantly easier than JO L5. Lol. BUT...I'm still super proud of this kid! She also got 6th on vault and 2nd on both floor and beam! The first time she's ever gotten two 9s! Beam was not her best. A couple uncharacteristic wobbles, and she messed up and somehow morphed it into the L5 routine?! Poor kid! She ended up on the wrong end but couldn't dismount because there were no mats, so she awkwardly improvised and added in some terrible leaps to get to the correct side and ended up with a 7.8. Sigh....and she said they went over on time in warmup so they all started at a 9.6 for beam? This sounds wrong to me, I can only assume she misunderstood. But, no one in that squad placed on beam at all? Either way, there are still improvments to be made but I'm thrilled with how well she did considering she learned these routines seven days ago. And she got the qualifying score for USAIGC Bronze States, which we were pretty sure would, but she only needed a 32 and got over 34, so I'm good with that considering the last 13 days of chaos! Lol Thanks for everyone's well wishes and good mojo! Next meet is in 2 weeks and she is determined to get that coveted first place medal that she hasn't seen in almost 2 years...

Yay ! Yay! Yay! Happy she had fun and placed and had fun! How was the upper session you volunteered at? Hope you felt rested this morning. And....Happy Birthday!
I was not rested at all, but thank you! LOL. They were great, very informative! USAIGC Gold is no joke! Solid L8. BT on beam, tons of amazing twisting tumbling, beautiful giants, pirouettes, crazy dismounts, tsuks...very different world but still awesome gymnastics!

Look how happy she is. My heart is melting.

Attachments

• IMG_9861.JPG
    IMG_9861.JPG
    778.3 KB · Views: 169
That makes the crazines worth it! I'm glad you are talking about USAIGC. I'm am realizing that it doesn't get enough credit or attention. For kids that are not aiming for a scholarship, it seems like a great option while avoiding supporting a system that needs a little refreshing.

That makes the crazines worth it! I'm glad you are talking about USAIGC. I'm am realizing that it doesn't get enough credit or attention. For kids that are not aiming for a scholarship, it seems like a great option while avoiding supporting a system that needs a little refreshing.
Well, now hopefully I can help others if they need info! :)

So happy for her! How is the new gym environment? She looks like she jumped right in!!
It's amazing. They have been very welcome and positive. And ridiculously organized! I love the owner and HC and I'm just meeting the other coaches, but so far so good! They seem very good with communication too. Fingers crossed that this was the right move, but so far it feels right!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back