5th place Novice at Elite Canada

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kitkat

Proud Parent
What a weekend... a 7 hour drive took 9 hours - the roads were horrific. I am so glad that my dd went with her coaches 2 days earlier. Trois Rivieres is right in the middle of Montreal and Quebec City. Thankfully my dh and youngest came with me. They went skiing while I went to the meet. Fantastic.

Alex did amazing at the meet. She was 10th at the end of day one with a score of 49.55.
Day two - she increased her bars by 1.3, vault increased by 1.1 and floor by .3. beam stayed the same.
End of day two she was 5th - but they combine the two days.... she was hoping she could hold on to 8th place....

and it ended up holding on to 5th place overall .... She was so pleased.

Here is her video from the weekend.... She's going to Nationals... We are so proud...

Bog,
Our drive was horrific. I have never been so scared driving before. Toronto to Kingston snow storm. Kingston to Montreal nice - cleared up. I think we actually got in front of the storm. Montreal - Trois Riviere - horrific. I thought I was going to die. I kept saying to my husband - 20 KM, 15KM, 10KM. People were passing us like we were standing still. Big trucks would pass and make it a white out condition. It was bad.
Then our drive home was good but we had to pickup Alex at the airport last night...well of course the snow storm is back... brutal

Glad to hear you got home safe Bog. She did good this weekend.. :)

I saw that. She had an awesome weekend.

How did it go for you??

My drive to NH was a horror too.

Congratulations and thanks for posting the news and video! I love following her journey. What a tremendously talented young woman she is! Glad the travel was accomplished safely though. I always joke that the rule for winter storms around here is "No vehicles permitted on the road but emergency vehicles and gymnastics parents."

Montreal - Trois Riviere - horrific. I thought I was going to die. I kept saying to my husband - 20 KM, 15KM, 10KM. People were passing us like we were standing still. Big trucks would pass and make it a white out condition. :)

That road is a horror in storms, overly exposed and people who drive it a lot drive very fast. As it is one of the few roads east it is filled with huge trucks.

Alex was amazing, that was a very strong field and she really brought her A game.

Congratulations to Alex! She is very talented and did amazing. Thanks so much for sharing and best of luck to her!

Thank you
Congratulations! She's amazing!
Thank you
Great video! Nice chatting along the way!!

Thank you...I am sure it was just us and a bunch of other gym people trying to get to the location. I wish they had it in Montreal, so much more there...in terms of choices of accommodations, travel, food, etc. Thanks for watching Alex.
Congratulations and thanks for posting the news and video! I love following her journey. What a tremendously talented young woman she is! Glad the travel was accomplished safely though. I always joke that the rule for winter storms around here is "No vehicles permitted on the road but emergency vehicles and gymnastics parents."

Thank you...
Really impressive! Alex has some massive talent!

Thank you for the comments... I love doing these videos up...hopefully one day they will help her get a scholarship :)
Congratulations to Alex! She is very talented and did amazing. Thanks so much for sharing and best of luck to her!

She did have a great meet....her coaches said they need to step it up for Nationals as there were a lot of kids equally as talented placing around her same score...so hopefully they will start working on some additional skills....

She had a great meet. Well done. And good luck for nationals

Thanks Bog, maybe we will get to meet at Gymnix or Nationals? I will be at both... thanks for your comments...and thanks for all your help getting me there :)

That road is a horror in storms, overly exposed and people who drive it a lot drive very fast. As it is one of the few roads east it is filled with huge trucks.
Alex was amazing, that was a very strong field and she really brought her A game.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back