Parents 6 monthly trials

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

annsethlucy

Proud Parent
Dd is coming towards her first 6 month trial for the beginners squad. Apparently they do 6 monthly trials and so place is never guaranteed really. But just wondering how they will tell us if she is through and give feedback. We got an email saying we would get feedback next week. Just not sure how we will be given it and what kind of things they say.
Anyone any experience?
Nervous as I know how much she loves it.

Is this for joining a development program or competitive program from a recreational class? We do similar things for children ages 5-6 3 times a year our coaches scope out any talented gymnast or parents who want their dd to be assessed and bring them in one night to see how they go with the time difference (from 1 to a 3 hour session) we look at their strength and flexibility. But most of all their listening skills and discipline. You will probably either be emailed afterwards (possibly a week after as coach has to discuss a lot of things with other coaches) and either be informed she is accepted if so be told what she needs for training. Approx costings and parent involvement expectations. If not accepted you might get told why as in distracted. Needs work on strength or flex. Etc. if your dd is young as above. Coaches are able to teach the strength and flexibility. It’s more so their ability to train the hours and their listening skills.

She was trialed for the squad (competitive level) and got in now shes just finished her 6 month trial and they tell you whether they continue or if they go back to recreational. Sorry I should have been more clear. We are in the UK.
Was just wondering what kind of feedback we will be given and how

She got through!!! Plus full Mark's given to her on everything they were marking.
Flexibility. Strength. Concentration and bravery. Many didnt get through. There are 11 girls left. Now to get through this 6 month trial and see if she continues after that. Its ongoing. They are assessed every 6 months.

Wow... That is heartbreaking to me. Are all the clubs like that in the UK? is there another track for her to switch into or is she just done with gymnastics now?

This idea of the gymnasts always feeling like they are on trial forever, sounds very concerning. These kids spend an awful lot of hours in the gym. It should be a place where they can feel a sense of belonging, and to feel like a valued member of the team.

Congratulations to your daughter!

And yes, we are in England, and every club I know does this constant trial method too. It is incredibly stressful if a gymnast is having blocks/injuries/trouble with a skill, to know it could mean they are cut. The US method sounds much nicer in that way.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back