Parents 6 year old level 3

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 27142

I have a question my daughter is 1 month into her 6th birthday and is currently competing level 3 shes had two meets so far and scored 34.85 and on her last event scored a 36. I was wondering if her scores are above average for age?

I would definitely consider a 36 very good for a 6 year old.
Thank you for the response she has been amazing me since she was 4 doing double backflips on the floor and now she is doing handstands on the bar by herself when would you start looking for more advanced training or elite. In your opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its kind of hard to say, scoring can vary regionally, there are also gyms that do higher hours, gyms that really focus on nailing those compulsory routines etc. My kid was older than that when she did level 3 and scored 33s her first year and 35s second year at that level but there were kids at other gyms getting 37s/38s not entirely sure of their ages though maybe they were a bit older than 6?

Placements can better show how they are doing compared to local peers. All in all though I would say average to above average! And way better than my kid did at that level.

It feels like forever ago level 3, idk if mine even did level 3? As mentioned before I would look on mymeetscores.com to look at scores for that level and roughly same age group (junior A or B?) in your region/state to get a better comparison. Not sure if you can extrapolate anything out of that, like what type of gymnast she might be at 12 but its certainly a good start.

Thank you for the response she has been amazing me since she was 4 doing double backflips on the floor and now she is doing handstands on the bar by herself when would you start looking for more advanced training or elite. In your opinion.

Hard to say... scores at level 3 really mean very little when you are talking about advanced training.

Does the club you are at have an upper level gymnastics team?

Sounds like she is improving which should be the goal at her age. I wouldn’t put much focus on how she’s doing compared to others. Focus on improving scores (and this is even tough as scoring can vary meet to meet and judge to judge), setting and meeting goals, etc.

JBS - what does "Deleted member 27142" mean? Did the member delete themselves or were they banned?
Troll maybe? I mean what 4 year old does double backflips and a handstand on bars at 6?

Some members have been banned, others have asked that their accounts are deleted. In order to keep the threads intact we change the name to anonymous members number xxxx.

JBS - what does "Deleted member 27142" mean? Did the member delete themselves or were they banned?

When someone requests to delete their account this is what happens to their posts. There is no email... ip's... or account info associated with this post. It is basically a "guest" post at this point.

Troll maybe? I mean what 4 year old does double backflips and a handstand on bars at 6?
Maybe they meant Round off Double back handsprings as in 2 of them in a row after. Some people with negative gymnastics knowledge call them backflips...and my kid did that at 4 and handstands on bars at 5, so its very possible.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back