Off Topic Let's share nicknames!

• Thread starter Deleted member 26368
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 26368

I thought it would be fun to have a thread to share gymnast nicknames! My DD hasn't been given one by a coach, but she and a teammate call each other "Lemon" and "Lime" (together they are "Sprite", LOL). :)

Ha, I always think of 10th grade English Lit and Geoffrey Chaucer when I see your screen name.
That was part of the origin.

EDIT since I know somebody will ask and I don't want to clog up the thread and make it all about me:

When I was a freshman in high school, I was a professional juggler at the local renaissance faire. My character was also a notoriously and hilariously bad poet. So I named my character Geoffrey Taucer as a pun. I've kept using the name as an internet pseudonym ever since. Given how active I am in various online communities (especially OCReMix and adjacent communities), I ended up spending enough time around people who met me first online that I got used to people calling me "Taucer" in person, and it's reached the point where if somebody says "Hey Taucer" I respond by reflex just as if they'd called out my real name..

Last edited:
Oh, something that just occurred to me:

Before posting your/your kid's nickname, make sure you/they aren't using it as a password or account verification question anywhere.

(And if you are, change that password; the majority of the time when accounts get "hacked," it's because somebody was able to successfully guess the password or the answer to a verification question)

YG was nicknamed Hashbrown by HC at her first meet. Since t was a home meet, we were able to wake up at home and eat a good breakfast before going to the meet. When we got there, YG was hungry so I bought her a doughnut. Before they started open stretch, a friend gave her a fruit and yogurt bar.
My sister came later (traditional format, so they were warming up all events before march in). She texted to see if we wanted anything from McD since she was stopping there. YG wanted a hashbrown. When my sister arrived, they were almost finished warming up vault. YG saw my sister arrive and asked HC if she could go get her hashbrown and hug. HC told her she had to do one more REALLY GOOD vault first. It was honestly the best vault she had done to that point. She also did awesome in her competition vaults and HC has called her Hashbrown ever since.

That reminds me ... we need to stop and get her a hashbrown on the way to Regionals tomorrow, lol.

Our Gym Owner and Boys Head Coach are constantly dreaming up new nicknames for the gymnasts. My DD is very flexible so he often calls her Spaghetti or Rubber Band when they're stretching.
She calls herself Skinny Legend. We got a SUV 18 months ago. The first time her dad took her to school in the car (she was 10 at the time), he told her to wait outside the garage because there isn't enough space inside to get in the car. She promptly proved him wrong and then said it was possible because she's a skinny legend.

My DD is Peanut (hence Peanut's Mom screen name) because when she was level 3, she was the SMALLEST one competing at any level. She was still wearing a 5T clothing until 4th grade then she moved up to size 6. Now she is 12 and grew 5 inches in the last year, but she is still Peanut to her gym friends.

My DD has a lot of nicknames.
First, her real name is long so she uses the nickname Nini
Also, with most of the backtuck drills, she did when she started she crashed into lots of mats. So her coach and some of her friends call her crash. She also had a problem with having too much power on a lot of stuff.
Next, she is known for bouncing back up so some people call her bounce.
Lastly, She loves sour stuff so some people call her limon.

P.S.
Her sister called her Didi

OG has several nicknames.
Her first baseball coach called her "Rocket" (the girl had an arm and incredible accuracy).
To us, she has been "Brat" or "BreyBrat" since she was almost 2.
She also answers to "Banana" and "Monster."

Previously, I mentioned that YG is "Hashbrown" at the gym. She is also "BabyGirl" and "Goofy" or "Goofyella."

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back