WAG WAG route

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi, can someone explain to me in simple terms the difference between county/regional and national/compulsory WAG routes please? We’re in the UK.

I’m just trying to work it out myself! This link is helpful. As far as I can understand, most gymnasts will do either regional or national grades in spring, with national grades being harder. These gymnasts can then compete in the classic challenge in autumn and ultimately could get to British championship through this route. Compulsory grades are harder and I think the aim of these grades is to go to British championships, rather than to compete in classic challenge. So they are 2 separate paths but can ultimately end in the same place.I think!!!

Hopefully someone with more knowledge and experience than me can correct if this is wrong!

There are 3 pathways of grades and 2 pathways of levels.
There is lots of intermixing between the 2 and girls often change between them.
It is quite complicated to understand when you start but compulsory grades and levels are the hardest and lead to the British Championships , national grades are in the middle and regional/club grades are easier.

Girls doing national and regional grades can compete in classic challenge levels some of which go to a national final but this isn't a qualifier for the British, they can opt instead to compete at the Fig challenge cup which does acts as a qualifier to the British Championships.

Is there anything in particular you wanted to know.

Reactions: rd7

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back