Parents 7yr old dd got her first rip

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Monkeygirlsmom

Proud Parent
she was soo not happy about it tho
she also has her first ankle injury too (another girl stepped in her )
so she has to tape it and take it easy rhis week and next

You can tell her from me that she is now officially a gymnast, joining the rip club is one of the biggest milestones in gymnastics, like getting a kip or a BHS even

Wash the rip well, do not cut at the lose skin, put on polysporin and cover it well, It will heal quickly if not messed with. Welcome to the first of many!

As for the ankle that sucks, amazing how they get more injuries not doing gym than doing it!

I did tell her that is a milestone but she doesnt care LOL
I was told to put tea bags on it. I need to do that now while I think about it

I remember my DD getting her first rip. She was kindof a baby about it to me but she still wanted to SHOW IT OFF to all the other gymmies! So secretly she was proud of that rip!! Funny how that works. Welcome to the club. My daughter constantly has a rip now. She really does absolutely nothing to them at all. She won't let me put anything on it (she says it stings when I do) so I just clean it with some ouchless cleaner and let it go. They usually heal within a couple of days! Just long enought to get another somewhere else!

My daughter just started getting rips this summer she is training for level 5. I told her if she does not complain that I would give her 10 dollars for each one since she is saving her money to go to IGC next year. Now she is happy when she gets one but the problem is she may save up enough to go but I am not sure if I am ready for her to go she will be 10 next summer I am a nervous wreck about her going to overnight camp for a week. (I also promised her 10 dollars for each 9 she gets this year competeing what was I thinking). Anyway maybe you could give her something each time she gets one to make her feel better.

Thanks ladies! she doesnt seem to even care I think the other mom who brought her home (and her 2 girls) and me were more excited than she was LOL!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back