8 year old level 7 doing her Giants in a meet first time

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

lovofu

Proud Parent
I haven't been on in a long time but have enjoyed reading about all the successes your young gymmies are having. States are in 2 weeks and I can't believe the season of craziness is almost over. Background...my little gymmie was a level 5 last season, tested and made it onto the National Tops team, competed level 6 in November and then got optional routines in mid november. WHEW. First meet in Dec...no giants but over 37.0, Jan meet, came off beam first time, no giant...35.7, Feb Flyaway meet....off beam again, no giant 36+, then the last meet...stayed on beam, threw her giants 38.1...and she's grown 3 inches this winter...so many changes...

Enjoy the video
USAG Level 7 Capital Cup HD - YouTube

She is a really lovely gymnast. I love to see her routines. She has beautiful form and it is great to see her progressing so well. Her floor is exquisite. Congratulations. And good luck for State. she has had a whorlwind year!!

She did beautifully I like that her gym waited to compete her giants until they were that lovely. She is doing amazingly well.

New Skills

LOL I'm glad too though she only got her giant a few days before the meet...I like they didn't force her to try it until she was ready!

She did beautifully I like that her gym waited to compete her giants until they were that lovely. She is doing amazingly well.

I am always blown away by Sophia's form. It is so rare for such a young gymnast to perform those skills so beautifully. Usually form comes when they're a bit older, but Sophia has had those straight legs and pointed toes since I first remember you posting her videos here. Just lovely. Congrats on a great L7 season.

Out of curiosity, does her gym plan on moving her along to L8 or has that not been decided yet?

Sophia is always amazing. It's nice to see all the hugs from the coaches too. I hope she has found her new gym to be a warmer, friendlier place.

Sophia is such a joy to watch! It is so rare that someone so young can look so polished! I am very happy for her! She really seems happy at her new gym! BTW her giants looked AAAmazing! My DD also competed giants for the first time recently! In her warm ups they looked so nice but when she went to compete she really had to fight to get over the bar, then dismounted to her butt!!! LOL!! Thanks again for posting Sophia videos! We really enjoy watching them!

Sophia is a superstar! She has really hung in there and continued to be her amazing self with all those changes! Good luck to her at states!

I think so but we won't find out until May...I'm assuming so because she's got her level 8 skills and the scores...fingers crossed..

My little dd is in love with Sophia's floor and wants to be just like her some day. May I ask what her music is called? She is just a lovely gymnast!

Really, really nice. I LOVE her floor routine. That is the type of music that I hope they pick for my daughter when she gets her routine choreographed. She has amazing form!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back