Parents A brag about record scoring and moving up!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mylittlemiss

Proud Parent
I've not shared a brag on here before, but wanted to share this exciting news about my Little Miss. She's a 7 year old level 5 (USAG), competed level 4 last year's season. She's been coming along well this year in L5 and at her meet last weekend received a 9.9 on floor! It was really fun to see her enjoy the moment and receive her highest floor score ever!

The other part of what I wanted to share was that tonight she got a notice that she's been invited, along with several other team mates, to prepare for a level 6 meet, to score out of L6. She'd train this summer to compete optionals next year! She's just giddy with excitement and knows it will take some work to get there, but she has just about all of her 6 skills already. She's got 6 weeks to work it all out. Fingers crossed! I already told her, if it doesn't work out, it's okay, but it's nice to be considered just to at least try. Thanks for letting me share!!

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a humongous score for such a little girl!!!! Congratulations to your daughter and good luck with prepping to score out of L6. Sounds like she's a firecracker!

WOW! Congratulations to your daughter on that huge score (I don't know that I have ever seen a compulsory routine score higher than a 9.7, it is extremely rare here to see anything over a 9.5 at a meet.) That is awesome! How exciting for your dd to get to score out and train for optionals!

Thanks for your congrats!! Yes, she is a little firecracker and gym seems to be the only outlet we've found that can harness her endless energy! It's been a fun journey watching her learn, grow and progress. She's quite excited about the possibility of having her own music and routines next year. :p

That is very exciting. Just to avoid a whole season of level 6 is huge. I am sure she will be successful at her only L6 meet and move on up to optionals. How fun!

Thanks!! Yes, if she qualifies, then it would be nice to move past L6. I've heard it's a tough season for a lot of girls and can be discouraging for some to stick it through to optionals.

Thanks! My biggest concern as far as events go is vault. It's taken her a while to get used to vaulting over the table. She's gotten to a point that she can really do some great vaults in practice, but the meets are another story....She still has two level 5 meets to go, so she's got some more chances to get it down at a meet. ;)

You may not know the answer but will she be competing "new 6" or "new 7" in the fall?

That's a good question, txgymfan. I think the coaches are seeing first, if the girls qualify to score out, second, they want the option of having them do one of the two. Really, it all depends on how they fall once summer ends. They'll see how far the girls have come after doing their summer intensive training and then decide. Since I understand that the new 6 isn't a required level, if she's ready, then she'll go 7. Time will tell! :)

That sounds awesome for your DD! Congrats. I'd be really interested to see what scores she gets in L6...I assume she has all the skills? How are her bars (IMO that's the biggest jump from L5 to L6)?

That's a good question, txgymfan. I think the coaches are seeing first, if the girls qualify to score out, second, they want the option of having them do one of the two. Really, it all depends on how they fall once summer ends. They'll see how far the girls have come after doing their summer intensive training and then decide. Since I understand that the new 6 isn't a required level, if she's ready, then she'll go 7. Time will tell! :)

I think you're probably right. This is certainly what our kids are doing. They have their score out meet in a month (YIKES!) and HC has already mentioned to a couple of girls that depending on what skills they get over summer, they'll compete either 6 or 7.

Thanks, Gymmommy71! She's pretty much got her 6 skills. Some things need to be brushed up and since it's a score out meet, hopefully she'll do well enough and safely. I know L6 bars can be really tough for some and it's sort of a make it or break it moment for some girls. I'll have to share after she's done the meet on how it went.

I think you're probably right. This is certainly what our kids are doing. They have their score out meet in a month (YIKES!) and HC has already mentioned to a couple of girls that depending on what skills they get over summer, they'll compete either 6 or 7.
Yeah, that's what DD will be doing as well. Score out of 6 next month, then compete new 7 next Spring. Seems like a big jump from old 5, so we'll see how that goes.

Very impressive! You must have a very talented little girl. Made me smile to read about it. Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back