Parents A new skill :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmonkeymomma

Proud Parent
Little Monkey got to ring the gong at practice last week. She got her FHS-FT on floor!!! I didn't even know she was working on it, lol.

Not much progress on bars as our best bars coach has been on vacation for 2 wks...he'll be backtomorrow!

Big DD has been leaving gym early twice a week to go to cheering practice (2 more wks of this) and has earned one of the coveted front row spots b/c of her tumbling skills. She's very excited about this as being one of the tall girls, she thought she would get stuck in the back!

WOW! Congratulations to little monkey for her BIG accomplishment!! I've watched some girls *really* struggle with front tumbling.

And more congrats are in order for your older dd on securing the best spot to highlight her talents!!

Sounds like a wonderfully, eventful week! Can't wait to hear more happy updates:)

Good stuff for both dd's!!! :p Both sound like good things are happening....

Can't believe that summer is almost over, 2 more weeks of gym (after this current week) then the gym is closed for a week then back to school and regular gym hours!!!!

Do you have the girls' meet schedule yet? By chance are you doing Rutgers Classic (Nov.) or Classic for the Cure (Jan.)? My dd will be there if so!!! :D

Do you have the girls' meet schedule yet? By chance are you doing Rutgers Classic (Nov.) or Classic for the Cure (Jan.)? My dd will be there if so!!! :D

Little monkey will be doing the Rutgers Classic. Our Optionals do not start until Dec with Greater NY. They are also doing Parkettes (weekend of Kelsey's 13th b'day!!) and Magical Classic in Orlando in Feb. and Rutgers Color Games.

Our gym is closed the week of 8/24 and then we're on vacation, so we actually miss 2 weeks :(

LM's first meet is Oct 3-4 Rocktober at Dynamo.

Dd has never competed at Dynamo, but many of our girls who have do NOT like it. If you are used to using chalk and water for bars, you will not like their bars, they do not allow water in the gym so the girls can't put it on their grips.

Maybe we will cross paths at Rutgers Classic, ya never know! We're doing Christmas on the Cheseapeake and Maryland Classic besides the other meets I mentioned above and then our biggie is WOGA Classic in Feb. I'd rather go to Florida, much cheaper to get there and I love the Orlando area... :p

If dd does 8 again maybe we will meet up at a Sectional.... :confused: still no idea what she will be competing.

GL this season with both of your gymmies and enjoy that vaca!!! :D

Little monkey will be doing the Rutgers Classic. Our Optionals do not start until Dec with Greater NY. They are also doing Parkettes (weekend of Kelsey's 13th b'day!!) and Magical Classic in Orlando in Feb. and Rutgers Color Games.

Our gym is closed the week of 8/24 and then we're on vacation, so we actually miss 2 weeks :(

LM's first meet is Oct 3-4 Rocktober at Dynamo.

We've never competed at Dynamo either but the only ones going are our compulsories and there's only 1 girl using grips (not LM) so not an issue :D

What is WOGA?

Good news about the grip thing, but do keep it in mind because they do host some IGC meets, so you never know if you will have to deal with it. I do hear their gym is gorgeous though.

WOGA is the gym that Nastia Luikin and it is located near Dallas TX. Hoping and praying here that when Southwest releases their next set of dates, that they have something good rate-wise, it will kill me to have to pay like $300 RT. :eek:

We've never competed at Dynamo either but the only ones going are our compulsories and there's only 1 girl using grips (not LM) so not an issue :D

What is WOGA?

Wow on that tumbling pass for LM, it is one of my favorite to watch. :)

Congrats to your oldest for getting in the front for cheer! I am sure she is thrilled. :)

congrats! That is so exciting for both of your DD's! How nice to have them both succeed so well in the same week!

Congrats to Lm on her new skill! Big congrats to older dd on getting the front row and showing those cheerleaders how tumbling is supposed to be done.

Good stuff for both dd's!!! :p Both sound like good things are happening....

Can't believe that summer is almost over, 2 more weeks of gym (after this current week) then the gym is closed for a week then back to school and regular gym hours!!!!

Haahaa, guess I won't be at the Classic For The Cure this time. Let me know how it goes!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back