A Question for the older gymnasts FEMALES :P

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

14??? In Canada and the US, they're usually measured in inches, and I think in Europe they're measured in centimeters...is there some sort of obscure unit of measurement used in Australia for length like stone is used for weight in some places? "I'm 26 roos tall and weigh 12 stone"?

The concept of "local sporting goods store" has been pretty much killed around here. Skates and skis and golf clubs, swimsuits and yoga wear and high fashion items for people that don't actually *do* sports but just want to look like they do, yes. You want to find a pair of wristbands or a can of Tuf-Skin or a pair of kneepads for playing volleyball? Good luck. It's really kind of freakish.

"Sports bra" means "thing you can wear out if it's hot without a shirt on top to make it look like you're a runner", not necessarily like it has any support. They don't expect people that need real support to do sports - just look at all the Lululemon tank tops with shelf bras. Yoga's not the bounciest sport out there, but if I wore one of those, serious risk of indecent exposure in some poses!

Lululemon has thoroughly become acceptable gym clothes as street clothes, here. I'm the only one that actually *changes* for my class - everyone else just wears their Lulus or similar style but not quite so horrendously expensive tank top and capris to class and then goes home in them. Umm...if it was gross to do that when I was a kid, isn't it even more gross now that we're bigger and sweat more? Gymnastics isn't yoga...

A 14 in Australia is equivolent to a 36 in the USA.

But is it an actual unit of measurement that I just haven't heard of, or is it some random thing decided on by clothing companies, like most non-bra women's clothing sizes, that don't actually correspond to any real world measurements?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back