AA for states...whats needed

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gimchick

In TN USAG, does anyone know the exact numbers needed for states? Well, I want to know the AA needed in one sanctioned meet for level 8 and level 7. Our coaches seem to tell us different things or just put us off by saying "she" (gymnast) will be fine or will have her scores by states. Also does anyone know how regionals, for level 8 works? Thanks.

from the TNUSAG website:

AA score for level 7 & 8 is AA 30.00, for level 9 & 10 it is AA 32.00

My dd's coach says that when they determine who goes to regionals it is a percentage of the girls who make a 34AA and above.

For level 8 regionals, I believe they take a certain percentage. For 9 and 10 you must score a 34 at states to go on to regionals.

Wow they only require a 30.00 to go to state. In Illinois for level 7 its a 34.5 and for Level 8 its 33.0 Wish Illinois only required a 30.00. I have 3 girls who are oh so close and just won't be able to reach that 34.5 in time.

I guess I should clarify that the scores i listed were for Pennsylvania (at least that's how it was about 4 years ago).

Can someone tell me where I can find this info out for myself, I have googled and yahooed and I got 2005-06. I want the current info. Someone said they checked out the TENNESSEE website. I cnat find i.

I think the All Around Qualification Score depends on how many Level 8,9 and 10's a State has.Therefore a State that does not have very many Level 8,9 and 10's has a lower requirement score to qualify for State.

I think the All Around Qualification Score depends on how many Level 8,9 and 10's a State has.Therefore a State that does not have very many Level 8,9 and 10's has a lower requirement score to qualify for State.

:confused: does this mean the qualifying AA in your State could change year to year?

In NJ to qualify for States, it is 32.00 for Levels 4-8, also for L9 (I think), I'm not sure about Level 10. It is in the USAGNJ handbook.

Yes, states do raise or lower qualifying scores to state depending on numbers of girls qualifying over the past few years. Occasionally, the score for a level may be lowered during the actual meet season if not many are hitting it. I know we have a few parents here from MN and they raised the L7 score this year to 35 and may have to lower it since quite a few kids are having trouble getting it.

In CO, the current qualifying scores are 33AA for L4-7 and 32AA for 8-10.

THANKS !!! To those in Tennessee wanting to know try this link or see posted below http://tnusag.org/pages/pdf_files/newsletters/v2_i3(spring2008).pdf

State Meet Qualification Scores
Prep Op. - Compete All Around in one TN sanctioned meet
Level 7 - 30.00 AA
Level 8 - 30.00 AA
Level 9- 32.00 AA
Level 10 - 32.00 AA​
o​
State meet entry fee, $80.00 for Prep Op / Optional.

o​
Petition procedures for Optional State Meet:
A gymnast may petition to the state meet by filling out the state meet
petition form (downloadable from the State Web site) and submitting all required
documents (see petition form for detailed instructions) to the SACC not later than
the official meet entry date. General Guidelines are as follows:
A gymnast who has qualified during the previous competitive season to
State or above and has failed to qualify / compete due to injury during the current
regular season may petition directly to the current year State Championships
based on the previous years scores. All petitions must be submitted to and

approved by the SACC

I hope this helps, it answered my question.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back