"ABC Family hopes to score a 'Perfect 10'"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just because they make a pilot doesn't mean it will ever air. It has to be picked up first. Personally I'd watch it. Bad gymnastics shows are still giving exposure to gymnastics. The tours are completely cheesy and I cringe most of the show, but I still watch anyway.

What I'd really love to see is a reality show involving gymnastics. How about a reality show filmed at the ranch? Or one of the bigger named gyms?

wean doesa it come on .i want to wache no matter how henis it will be.lol

Ooh, ooh, that's me! I need to figure out where to send my resume... I could TOTALLY work this. XD

lol that would be sweet :p

I will def watch the first few episodes to at least see if i like it or not! I say.. finally a gymnastics related show!

hopefully it'll be on in Canada.

^It would be! I mean... a third of my classes at school are acting, and half of my LIFE is gym. And I have red hair! I need an agent. :D

I wish...

But anyhow, I will definitely watch this if it airs, but if they screw it up I'm totally out.

What I'd really love to see is a reality show involving gymnastics. How about a reality show filmed at the ranch? Or one of the bigger named gyms?
I totally agree! a reality show at the ranch would be amazing! prolly the most watched show for gymnasts everywhere! i mean, everyone sees how much the gymnats liked behind the team episodes. what about a rach reality show?

oh and by the way, may i just say that i am extremely upset that every gymnastics show has to be entitled perfect 10

Never having spent time in a gymnastics gym myself I can't attest to what it's actually like but I have the suspicion that the show will be like most shows targeted at a certain market.

Take X characters and put them into Y situation. It could be a gymnastics gym, a pirate ship, a blimp, a high school, a restaurant. It's the same characters just in front of a different backdrop.

Let's hope the creators don't have the gymnasts competing simultaneously in artistic and rhythmic gymnastics.

And in their defense can they really call the show. "Not so perfect 17.3...."

Now I'll support the show because I support exposure for gymnastics, but I'm also worried. Gymnastics cannot keep being characterized a certain way in the media or else it won't survive.

Now the problem with sports shows is the sports isn't enough, they always have to add drama no matter what it is, completely ignoring that the sport itself is drama. Heck, even the actual sports games have drama inserted into it. On the side of football, the commentators love talking about the troublesome characters. There's no way a network will greenlight a show that is just about the sport itself, even look at Stick It, where they had to add in the whole rebellious aspect of it.

Now if somehow the creators managed to just focus on the in gym struggles well good for them and I'll give them many kudos. I just wish it were easy to convince an audience to follow a show, and lets hope they don't ask NBC sports for help in how to present the thing. Egad.

It would probably be much better for reality shows to be shown, or some sort of hybrid which follows a team but presents it dramatically. Of course even in reality shows, all the producers want to film is people fighting.

perfect 10

hey everyone, just want to let you all know that I was on set for the production of this show the whole time...they seem to be very excited and focused on making this show very successful. They were serious about making everything top notch by bringing in top stunt coordinators and olympic gymnasts. The cast and crew were awesome and they have some great actors such as Cassie Scerbo from "Bring it on, in it to win it", Erik Palladino from"ËR", Peri Gilpin from "Frasier"and many more great actors you may know and also really hot up and coming actors. It's about time they get a show about the gymnastics world so lets give it some support, it's one of the greatest sports out there. Also alot of local gymnasts were able to be in the background which I'm sure was really fun for them. At least it's a show we all have something in common with rather than these other shows on the air right now. I'm sure there are message boards on IMDB.com about it to add any suggestions for them. Also, I read something someone commented about the title being "Perfect 10" in this thread and they do know about the newer scoring and are thinking of what to do about the title now, so they are very aware of that too. I think it's going to be great soo hope you all check it out and support the show.

Chickie30- that must have been awesome!! Thanks for the update, I love that we get to hear both sides on this site. Getting gymnastics on TV is great exposure, I will be watching and hope it can stay on. Please keep us posted on air dates!

I looked around a bit for this show, and apparently it's set to air this summer or early fall. They began filming only recently. It'll most likely be a summer "filler" for ABC Family, although they did pick up two other original series. I'm not sure if they bought just the pilot or a few episodes, though. I'm assuming they bought 5 or 6 episodes, since that's what most station do, even if the show seems to do badly, for the summer months when ratings don't matter that much.

Im thinking maybe Make It Or Break It is the final outcome of this? It airs on ABCfamily..and the characters match up, with an extra added (Payson). What does everyone else think?

The cast and crew were awesome and they have some great actors such as Cassie Scerbo from "Bring it on, in it to win it", Erik Palladino from"ËR", Peri Gilpin from "Frasier"and many more great actors you may know and also really hot up and coming actors.

Sounds like Make it or Break it to me.

It dies seem this turned out to be make it or break it...the timing of the original airing was right about the time it came out. And 10.0 it will be on again in January I think

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back