Active child with bookworm parents = gymnastics!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Finaille

Proud Parent
My name is Rachel and I am a proud parent to a 5 year old gymnast. My daughter started gymnastics at 2 because her father and I were concerned about passing along a mild genetic muscle condition my husband has, so we figured it would be good to introduce an activity to help with tone and flexibility.

Now it’s almost 3 years later and it appears we will be turning into a committed gymnastics family! My daughter does not have the muscle condition, and since moving to rec from preschool this fall, it’s clear she is talented. She was accepted into preteam in February just after turning 5. Last week she was invited to train L3 with the girls because my child would live at the gym if she could. Her coaches say she has a lot of potential!

So I’m here to learn more! I want to be a good support to my daughter even though more focused sports was not a reality I ever expected. I’ve been spending more time reading here the last few months so now it’s time to get an account and start participating!

If there are any resources that would be perfect for a parent in my position I would love to learn more!

Thanks much!

Welcome. Basically, sit back, enjoy the ride, let the coaches coach.
Your job:
  1. Be a positive support for her.
  2. Be a soft place to land if she has a bad day.
  3. Be willing to listen to her.
  4. Be vigilant if you even SUSPECT something is off ... abusive coaching practices, dangerous practices in the gym, etc.
  5. Pay for gym.
  6. Get her to and from practices and meets on time as much as possible.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back