Parents Add us to the moved gyms group..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

Mariainlv

Well we are in process of moving but its complicated because J is finishing out tumbling at the old gym. Its weird leaving but we logistically have to. J is OK with the new gym but not thrilled to keave the old gym. It is such a nice group of kids and coaches (for the most part) So right now J goes to the old gym for tumbling x2 per week so its kinda awkward. I think a clean break would have been better but I could not wait till after Nationals for tumbling because at that point we would have been locked in for the season for the WAG team.

The new gym is really good and the coaches are VERY proffessional but not quite as warm if that makes sense? Maybe its just that at the old gym we felt at home and we dont know anyone at the new gym. We shall see.

One interesting note is that J will compete L5 at the new gym where she would have done L4 @ the old gym. She did L3 last season. We just found gymnastics in Aug of last year.

Wish us luck!

Was there a reason you left the old gym. I don't remeber you having issues, but then many people have issues with their gyms and con't post them here!

Good luck with the change, hopefully they warm up a bit to your little one and you start to feel more at home.

Good luck with the tumbling. When are nationals for her?

No, no issue @ the old gym. We are moving ~30 minutes and the new gym will be les than 5 minutes vs 45+ in traffic to the old gym. With 2 other kids and a husband that works nights, it just isnt feasible for us to have J at the gym M,T, TH from 4-8 for L4 and just add to that as she moves up.

No, no issue @ the old gym. We are moving ~30 minutes and the new gym will be les than 5 minutes vs 45+ in traffic to the old gym. With 2 other kids and a husband that works nights, it just isnt feasible for us to have J at the gym M,T, TH from 4-8 for L4 and just add to that as she moves up.

Yeah, I'd probably be moving too! Hope you love your new gym. I think it just takes time to settle in and get to know everyone.

Yeah--I definitely don't blame you for leaving!!! I love my 10 minute commute to gym and 4 minute commute to her ballet company!!! I have become very spoiled but also greatful that dd has great programs to participate in within minutes of the house.

Congrats on dd making Level 5!!

Good Luck at the new Gym. I am sure that once you get to know everyone it will feel like "home"

I can relate to the long commute. We drive 45 minutes 5 x's a week. Now that summer and tourist season are here, add another 15-20 minutes on top of that. UGH!! I wish we had a closer Gym as an option.

Oh, and congrats on the move to L5!!

We would have to change gyms if we moved that far from DDs gym and it would break my heart because she loves her gym so much, I just can't do those long commutes or won't I guess.

As for warmness, give it time. The gym we changed from definitely had a family feel and I still miss that, but we have gotten used to her new gym, too. Different, but good.

Congrats to her on level 5! Should be a fun summer working on all her skills!

We moved a year ago and it feels like we were always there.

Give it time - it'll warm up and feel like a second home soon

CONGRATS and GOOD LUCK!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back