WAG Adding a beep to beginning of floor music?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Kcanflip

Proud Parent
Anyone want to give a technology challenged Mom a clue as to how to add a beep at the beginning of floor music in mp3 format?

And yes, I've checked into having it added where I purchased it (online), but it is not an option. Was very nice about it, but it is just not something they do.

Floor music starts without a good lead in as does choreography. And I know there has been discussion about the beep before (some love it some hate it) but it's pretty widely use in our area and I truly feel it would be beneficial for my kiddo who is starting to learn her first ever non compulsory floor routine. Option 2 would be to change the choreography or go beepless. Choreographer asked if a beep could be added. Head coach agreed would be good to have. So here I am!

Easiest way, send it to me. Have me add the beep and send it back.
PM for my email if u want it.

Or use garage band. Find a beep. Put it in. Then add the music.

Reactions: sce
You can probably do that in Audacity (which is a free download, not too hard to use, and GREAT for any sort of floor music editing). You'd need to find the "beep" separately, but that shouldn't be too hard.

Tangent: I've always wondered why everybody who does this always seems to use the same beep sound. Maybe it's just because I've work as a sound designer, but to me it would make more sense to pick a sound effect that fits the music (and I've done this several times in the past with music I've edited).

Is the music from a James Bond movie? Replace the beep with a gunshot.
A song from a "Aladdin"? Use a "poof" sound like the genie just appeared.
Remixed tune from a Donkey Kong game? Use a chimp noise.

(I've done all three of these, and I'm always baffled that more people don't do the same)

Really truly? Do you have a beep? I will PM you! Please tell me it isn't time consuming or complicated.

Tangent: I've always wondered why everybody who does this always seems to use the same beep sound. Maybe it's just because I've work as a sound designer, but to me it would make more sense to pick a sound effect that fits the music (and I've done this several times in the past with music I've edited).

(I've done all three of these, and I'm always baffled that more people don't do the same)
This makes so much sense, then it's part of the music not just a random beep. FYI - if my ds needed floor music, pretty sure he'd go with James Bond.

Really truly? Do you have a beep? I will PM you! Please tell me it isn't time consuming or complicated.
Yes I have it. You would just have to combine the 2 mp3s. Lots of programs do it.

Sorry if raen, can edit go with her :D

You can probably do that in Audacity (which is a free download, not too hard to use, and GREAT for any sort of floor music editing). You'd need to find the "beep" separately, but that shouldn't be too hard.

I actually did load Audacity...but honestly I got in and my brain pretty much exploded. Ha Ha. Maybe I will play around with it when there is no pressure!

Great idea! My daughters music is from a popular movie..but the music is not straight from the movie...it's been redone by Floor Express and is beautiful! I'm almost afraid to do anything too much as I don't want to cheapen the piece or routine if that makes sense. The thing that would make sense to replace the beep with is a bit overused I guess.

PM'd you. If this is not too complicated or time consuming on your end...I would love your help!

I sent a pm back. Will get it done today... actually, it will take 5 minutes, but i have to get up out of bed... and walk 12 steps to the computer first, lol
I don't know what time zone you're in... but if you're in mine, I'm very jealous that you're still in bed!

Reactions: sce
I don't know what time zone you're in... but if you're in mine, I'm very jealous that you're still in bed!
My goal is always to get out of bed by 10:30 ... but i play on my tablet in bed and watch tv and do sit ups until then. :)
If it makes you feel better, I don't usually fall asleep until after 3am.
And in the last hour, I woke up 4 girls and served them breakfast, let one of the dogs out, got the floor music made, tried to tutor a student (his classes wouldn't load), answered some e-mails, and got back on here ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back