WAG Adidas Leotard

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Justmehere

Gymnast
Does anyone know how the new Adidas leotards fit, ex. Compared to the old ones, gk leotards, and compared to other brands. Also does anyone know how the under armour ones fit?

DD tried on an Adidas leotard at a meet last weekend and it fit rather small. She is in a GK Med and this was a Med and while it fit, it was tight on the shoulders. Could have been the style (it was a tank with very thin straps on the shoulders), but it was one of the older GK Adidas leo's from the 2012 Olympics, so I'm not sure about the new ones.

She hasn't tried on UA leos yet...but maybe this weekend at our meet they'll have a display. If they do, I'll report back!

I think they fit small too. Got one for DD when she was 7, she is tall but thin, and I bought an AXS! It was a bit big on her but not too much.

I think they're longer and skinnier then GK leos. I wear an AM in both but they look completely different. But the adidas one fits me better since I'm tall and skinny. It's definitely tighter though. But good if you have a long torso.

Aren't the Adidas made by a different manufacture now? My DD has one of the Olympic ones and it was made by GK. It's a CM. She has another that is CL and is quite a bit larger than the one made by GK, not sure who made this one. Our comp leo that we just got is Adidas and made by Alpha Factor and it is a CM too, but slightly larger than the GK Olympic Adidas.

I own two adidas leotards but I got them when they were still in conjunction with GK.
I have one of the 2012 olympic ones and it fits normally. I wear an AM in most leotards including that one. It's just a lycra material one though.The other one is one of there classic 3 stripes. It is a metallic material and I found this to run short in the torso. It still fits, just a little more snug than others.

Adidas leos are now made by Alpha Factor, whose leos fit slightly differently from GK. I'm not sure about the sizing on their version of Adidas leos, but it might be a little better to base it on fit of plain old Alpha Factor leos as opposed to GK. And I've found that AF leos vary in size quite a bit based on material and style.

Aren't the Adidas made by a different manufacture now? My DD has one of the Olympic ones and it was made by GK. It's a CM. She has another that is CL and is quite a bit larger than the one made by GK, not sure who made this one. Our comp leo that we just got is Adidas and made by Alpha Factor and it is a CM too, but slightly larger than the GK Olympic Adidas.

It is a very tangled web!! :eek:

I find the new adidas leotards come small. DD wears an int in gk but needs a cm in adidas, but I do have to say she loves her adidas leotards and says how comfortable they are! I ordered her an adidas int the other week and it was tiny, needless to say it has been sent back for the cm. hope this helps

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back