WAG Adult gymnastics in the Boston area?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Sari

Coach
Gymnast
Judge
I thought I'd seek advice about this as I've found out just how horrible I am at navigating American gym websites, lol.

I'm coming to the US in October (as an au pair) and would love to be able to do gym in some way since I've already been on a somewhat limited schedule for the past three years. Just to stay fit, possibly gain a skill or two, nothing too major.

I'll be living in Cohasset (MA) and from my own research have only found New England Sports Academy in Westwood. Anyone familiar with them? And are there any other options I've missed?

NESA closed in the fall. GAB in Acton (which would be a long drive) has adult gymnastics classes, but it doesn't look like their location closest to you has them.

I met many of the gymnasts from Cambridge Community Gymnastics when I judged college club nationals this year. They were an awesome, friendly, mixed-level group of adults (men and women) from 19-40s, though they also offer classes for teens. I loved talking to them and getting to know them, and they told me to come visit and workout with them if I was ever in Boston. If the MIT commute is doable, that's probably your group!

Good luck.

Is it my phone that won't let me see their schedule? I ended up in the hospital earlier this week and though I finally have my laptop with me, there is absolutely no WiFi :rolleyes:

Thank you! I actually had one suggestion from a host family who lived on the MIT campus, dang it!:p I hope I can make it work somehow.

I thought I'd seek advice about this as I've found out just how horrible I am at navigating American gym websites, lol.

I'm coming to the US in October (as an au pair) and would love to be able to do gym in some way since I've already been on a somewhat limited schedule for the past three years. Just to stay fit, possibly gain a skill or two, nothing too major.

I'll be living in Cohasset (MA) and from my own research have only found New England Sports Academy in Westwood. Anyone familiar with them? And are there any other options I've missed?

I live right around the corner from the old NESA and yes, MEGA is where some of the coaches went. i can't recommend it or any of their coaching staff for a whole host of reasons (one a personal experience). that being said, i don't know of any other gym in this area (south shore) that offers adult gymnastics.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back