1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

adult tumbler

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by nichole, Jun 23, 2017.

1. nichole

nichole New Member Gymnast

USA USA
    Hello, I am a 28 year old female that started tumbling about 3 months ago. I live in south TX, and unfortunately there is not adult tumbling classes anywhere near me, so I am learning on my own. It would be nice to have other adults to do it with me, but I don't know any. I do go to open gym during adult nights, but it full of 18-20 year olds who are advanced. Is there an adult forum on this board? I can't find one. Any adults on here?
    I am seriously obsessed with tumbling, and I practice my butt off with a mat I have at home. So far I can do a cartwheel, one handed cartwheel, bridge kickovers from a 6 ft surface, handtsands, and I almost have my front limbers.

2. sc-gymmom43

sc-gymmom43 New Member Proud Parent

USA USA
    Hi I do adult gymnastics Thursday evenings on SC. We have a great time and are at all different levels and ages. I am the oldest at 53 and the youngest are in college.
    We do all 4 women's events and sometimes rings and p-bars, too.
    I have been going for 9 years now. It has improved my strength, balance and flexibility.
    I never miss if I can help it!

txgymfan likes this.
  3. GikiGirl

GikiGirl Member Proud Parent Gymnast

USA USA
  4. Britt D.

Britt D. New Member Gymnast

USA USA
    Another adult gymnast living in Texas :) Happy to see the sport spreading as more than just a sport for kids.

5. twinmomma

twinmomma Active Member Proud Parent

USA USA
    Our gym won't allow anyone over the age of 18 on the floor for training for insurance purposes. :(