WAG Advice on Clear Hip

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

cmarie

Proud Parent
My DD competed twice at level 6 this year and is going to be moving to level 7 at her next meet. Her clear hip is quite low and we are gathering it’s a decent deduction and now she’ll be doing it twice :)

Here’s a video of her bar routine

Wondering if anyone has any experience in drills or anything she might be able to tweak to get this higher? She’s going to talk to her coach too but I always find chalk bucket insightful and I told her I’d ask!

Thanks all!

She is leaning over the bar on the drop instead of leaning back. There are drills for this, but it often comes down to fear (when they don't lean back). Also the neck muscles need to be very strong to keep the head in once they do commit to leaning back on the drop.

Good luck to your daughter! I just started introducing clear hips to the golds we are thinking of moving to platinum next season, and we are really working that drop the others have mentioned. And they were all scared of it. But it is really fun once you get the hang of it.

All about that drop at the start! I always tell kids they should try to bend the bar back and try to break it as they drop at the start.

Yep... the "up side" is all about the "down side"!

I drill I saw recently that the compulsary coach was doing with the level 5s was puting a pit-block on the bar (taping it on) then the gymnast just goes around it.
I´m not sure how to explain it- But it did work for them
Here´s another that the lower level optional coach does

Thanks all for your input! As I looked at more videos, I totally see what you mean by the drop. She’s now working with her coach on some corrections so maybe there will be some slight improvements soon. Thanks again!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back