After the Olympics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

TheCoachsCoach

I remember something like the Reeses Cup where gymnasts would compete for something as small as a guitar, or god knows what prize. It was for fund raising. Do the gymnasts even have this anymore? I would love to see all the athletes again performing at a much more easier pace. Does anyone know if they'll be having (fun) Meets like that?

I do hope we'll see Alicia Sacramone again. Obviously, I was a fan. I thought she was an underdog that deserved her day -- but the pressure and poor judging crushed her.

I actually am looking forward to seeing them all in a much lighter environment, Beijing for me has felt like one big suffocating session for the Americans (in Gymnastics).

They have a little tour afterwards, and you see them having fun, with no pressure, and you know, landing hops and occasional falls and stuff. But sometimes they compete at the same time on like bars or something, and to popular songs, it's so cool!

It`s a shame there is no Reese`s Cup any more though. I really enjoyed that so much - and the gymnasts also did obviously. I would wish for it to return one day....

I hope I will be able to get hold of a video from the tour at some point at least.

Didn't they use to call it rock and roll gymnastics or something like that? I remember Paul and Morgan Hamm doing a routine on the floor where they were like mirrors.

they have the gymnastics gala on nbc tonight (8/20) at 8. my mom says they all just do gymnastics for fun and to music and stuff. should be cool to see!

I have seen some of the gala on TV. It was nice though I thought they would show more of the gymnasts........and our TV skipped on Nastia and Sandra Izbasa.....:(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back