Age divisions at States

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

OK, this makes sense. And whoever it was who said that it only seems like the bigger groups got more turns, I'll take your word for it. But it sure did seem that way!

Actually, depending on how the coach sets up the warmup, larger teams can have an advantage on certain equipment. This is why you'll see teams with just a couple girls pair up with other to pool their time. I didn't realize the extent of it until I was a timer for warmups at a meet. Particularly useful on beam if you can split the beam in half and have 2 girls on at the same time. I saw a team have 2 young girls on low bar at the same time - low level, of course. Also, when the time is pooled together, those little 5 seconds of excess at the end of the warm up that 1 girl can't do any thing with can become a lot of time for a team. Particularly for someone who needs that one extra turn due to a fall.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Congrats to your daughter on having a great meet. Daughter competed by herself last year at States before she quit. She did not do so well and it was tough part which I think may have contributed to her wanting to quit which she did. It was difficult for me to not have anybody to talk to. I agree they should be able to go as a team but as you move up less girls stick with the sport. Good luck to your daughter as an optional it will be very exciting for her to have her own routines and since she did so well this year I am sure she will do great!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back