DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Son (UK based)

2016 - 2020: Local drop-in for a hour or 2 a week
Feb 2020: Sent for trial at regional centre
Mar 2020: Learning gymnastics over Zoom
2021: Pre-pre level 1. Displays rather than comps
2022: Pre-level 1. Local comps
2023: Level 1. Regional comps, national gradings (Club level)
2024: Level 2. Plan is to enter him at 'elite' (not called that any more) at the nationals...

Fortunately he loves it, which you need to if you're doing 20+ hours a week at 9yo, I suppose.

I'm new here and just trying to learn something about gymnastics since my daughter LOVES it. My daughter (4) has been doing rec gymnastics for 2 years. She wasn't progressing at the gym we were at since they only focused on teams and the rec program was lacking with poor instruction. We had an opportunity to join another gym and she was evaluated for their pre-pre-team program and was invited to join. I'm just excited to support her as long as she is interested in it and having fun.

I started at a very optional oriented gym in a small town in NC. I was advanced rec until I moved to Texas. Once I moved to Texas,

Level 1- 9
Level 2- 10
Level 3- 11
SWITCH GYMS
Gold- 12
Platinum-13
SWITCH GYMS
Train Level 7 over summer
SWITCH GYMS BC OF TOXIC CULTURE
Platinum- 14
(and finally happy doing gymnastics!)

We're still early on to this, but my son (Feb birthday):
Parent/tot and preschool 18 months-5 years
rec class: 5-6 years
preteam/3d1: 6/7 years old
moved gyms when boys program closed
4d2: 7/8 years old
4d1: 8 (will be 9 in a little over a week) years old

My daughter is 5, and started in parent/tot at 17 months, did preschool rec until this past September, and currently does a rec class. She wants to be on team like her brother, but is definitely behind maturity-wise where he was at her age. She's still learning that rules apply to her, too (insert major eye roll). My wild child for sure.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back