Ages for Aspire 1?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mom2Chickadee

Proud Parent
Recently, I was reading the changes to the Aspire Program and noticed that the ages for Aspire 1 are 8-10. Does this mean that 8 year olds can now compete and be judged?

Is this a change across the board for the new JO program in Canada? DD just turned 7 and her coach told the parents recently that some girls will be competing next year, if they're ready (no talk of levels of course). I assumed she was referring to the 8 year olds who would be turning 9 before next year, but now I'm wondering if DD may be eligible to compete and be judged next year (2016-2017).

Anyone know? Thanks :)

Yes. She will be if they don't change the rules lol. My dd was aspire at 8 and yes this is the only level that you can see the scores for 8 years old.

Recently, I was reading the changes to the Aspire Program and noticed that the ages for Aspire 1 are 8-10. Does this mean that 8 year olds can now compete and be judged?

Is this a change across the board for the new JO program in Canada? DD just turned 7 and her coach told the parents recently that some girls will be competing next year, if they're ready (no talk of levels of course). I assumed she was referring to the 8 year olds who would be turning 9 before next year, but now I'm wondering if DD may be eligible to compete and be judged next year (2016-2017).

Anyone know? Thanks :)

Previously call PNN (pre novice national) and then CPN (Canadian Pre novice) and it has always been that age 8-10. And age for a competitive year (basically like the school year) is how old they are December 31 of the season. So for this season, where provincials will be in April 2016 they need to be 8 by December 31, 2015.

Thanks for the clarification! I had thought judging did not start for any level before age 9 so this is good to know. :)

I thought that in Ontario there were no scores for category/level if they are under 9??? I think I have seen Pre-novice girls with those sticker sheets last year, has this changed for this year?

My dd in this program for 2 years now and past 2 years 8 years old competed this category
Yes I know they can compete it but are they ranked and do they get scores at the competition? I thought in Ontario the 8 years old kids would get stickers, even if they are competing Aspire.

Yes I know they can compete it but are they ranked and do they get scores at the competition? I thought in Ontario the 8 years old kids would get stickers, even if they are competing Aspire.

It's a real competition with rankings. Because in all other provinces, 8 year olds were always able to compete with rankings, and Aspire is a national program, not provincial.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back