Ah! back to club workouts, 6 year break!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So, I use to be in club from like age 7-11 (5th grade) now im 17 and a Junior and I left club when I was 11 because of a injury so since 6th grade ive done middle/high school gymnastics. My high school season ended in Febuary, since like April Ive just been going to a tumbling class for like one day a week because the gym hasnt opened up their high school class. So I was asking about a class where I can do all the events, and they suggested working out with the team ( levels 7-10). So im doing that for the next 5 months, I won bars at districts and ive already lost my kip (happends every off season)! Im only really like a level 7 on floor, and vault, beam pretty close, and bars I do the highest "non-giant" routine, which is level 6 but I do it like almost perfect. :cool:

anyways, i wont be competing with them but still they are going to be like half my age and twice as good and thats going to be a big change considering im currently "top gymnast" on my team,.... and also 4-5 hour work outs! oh my! :eek:

Good luck!

Wow sounds like you're under a lot of pressure! It is amazing that you have been gone for six years and still have a level seven floor and level six bars, etc.! I'd say that shows something! I bet you'll improve quickly if you still have those skills!!! Good luck!!!!!:stretch::razz::tilt::drunk::smirk::melting::wart::neenerneener::blockhead:

Wow! That is awesome though! Lots of good luck! I started gym when I was older so i know it is kinda awkward to have kids half your size kicking your butt in practice. But that is one thing that motivates me to work harder. I'm sure you will do great. And maybe you'll even like it so much that you'll want to compete for club!! :D:cool:

Thanks.

Yeah my first practice was last night, 4 hours
it was pretty good
the girls were pretty nice
theres actually one thats 17, but shes a level 10
all the level 7s are like 5th graders ha
I was so sore when I woke up I feel like I was hit by a semi truck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back