Alicia Sacramone's CGC '10 BB Score

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

bribri514

YouTube - Alicia Sacramone back on Balance Beam - from Universal Sports

I was just re-watching ASac's BB routine and looked at some of the comments and the discussion caught my attention. It seems like a lot of people thought her routine was over-scored. Personally I believe people are really overlooking the difficulty of her routine. Don't get me wrong, I re-watched Mattie and some of the other girls routines and they were awesome. Mattie is an amazingly graceful, smooth gymnast. But some of ASac's skills are just incredibly difficult and she executed them well. Any thoughts? I guess as a big ASac fan I don't want the idea in my head she might have only won because of her background.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, the trend seems to be to favor power routines on beam over elegant routines that have somewhat less amplitude (i.e. Shawn Johnson winning the beam gold in '08). That back layout from one back handspring is unbelievable. She nails the body position. The whole routine is really good in terms of amplitude. This is my own preference as well since I have little interest in most of the non-acro elements of the routine. I can appreciate nice lines and movement but there's some point where it's not enough for me.

That said, the main thing that bothers me about that routine is her foot placement on a lot of things. The turned in feet are distracting. That turning sequence before her front pike should be fixed.

Never ever read Youtube comments unless you want your head to explode. Seriously, it's on par with Yahoo Answers.

I can't see the video, either. :(

Good point! I usually try to ignore them but some of the comments seemed more intelligent than other comments you usually see and it made me think.

It must only be viewable in the states since it's a direct Universal Sports clip? I really don't understand the way some of these videos work!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back