ALL GYMNAST!and coachs:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hello!
soo... i was wondering if im a lefty like on everything but i twist righty what does that mean?.. should i try to twist lefty?

You could try twisting left but sometimes it just one of those weird things that some gymnasts have. IT is ok if you twist right instead of left. A couble girls on my team twist one way and turn the other way!!! Or they turn one way and jump the other! It can be quite amusing to watch sometims!!!!!!!!!!

I highly recommend you don't change it. I was lefty on a lot of things, but righty on others. Turned on my right foot, twisted left! Always go with what is natural.

It's the same for 2 of my friends but opposite. They are both rightys but they twist left. My best friend accidentally learned a back walkover for level 6 on her right leg (she's a lefty) so she had to learn it all over again.

My advice would be to go with what ever is natural. As long as you twisting the opposite direction that you normally do something is alright with you and doesn't mess anything else you do up go for it.

I can actually twist a half right and left on a trampoline which i find really odd (i twist right normally).

We've had these threads before and there are many others on this board who can do a MUCH better job explaining than I can, but I'll give you a very brief run down.
Basically, if you do cartwheels/round offs with your left leg, you are twisting right. So a lefty twisting to the right is not so uncommon.
Besides, once you get to optionals which leg you use for each skill and which way you turn isn't as much of a pain as is it is in the compulsory levels.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back