All Hail Hot Shots Grips!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

Billy

Woo hoo!!! They worked, they worked they worked!!!

My DD got her new, smaller Hot Shots grips today. She did a few swings with them at home before practice. She was sure they would be just the same as the other ones. She cried and cried that she didn't want to use them. So, I put my foot down and told her she absolutely must try them at practice today and she could either cry and get all worked up about it or she could make up her mind that she was going to be able to do it.

She chose door number 2. And it was beautiful!!! My DH took her to practice tonight and he said she had no problem at all! She put them on with no protest, she didn't hesitate to get on the bars with them and she did the whole routine, including the jump to the high bar, with no trouble. But the best part is that she is happy with them. She's even talking about getting a 2nd pair as a back-up, just in case. Woo hoo!!!! :bouncy:

So, thank you to everybody who has consoled and counseled through this crisis. You all are wonderful!!! :D

Thats great! I'm glad she is comfortable with them, it would have been awful if they were just like the last ones. Congrats.

Yeah!!!!

Shawn...I cannot tell you how happy I am for you & your DD:D That is great news!!! I'm very proud of her for "going for it" & of you for encouraging her!!! I think you've made a wise decision to start her in grips (she likes) with the rest of her teammates. I wish her the best of luck & can't wait to hear how she progresses! You go girl:bars:

Last edited:
Thank you. After they left, I started feeling guilty for pushing her to use them. I even called my DH and told him to let her off the hook if she got upset. He is a wise man and said he would just play it by ear. And he was right. She did it! I'm so excited for her. :D

That's so great that everything worked out! Best of luck in the future!

Shawn - that is so wonderful. I am glad you found something that would work !! I am very thankful that I won't have to deal w/ that for a while. Our girls are not allowed to get grips until the have their kip and are L5.

Glad you finally found something that works for your DD! My DD's gym doesn't let them get grips until L5. I am sure I'll be doing a search for these threads in about 6/7 months if my DD moves up. Too bad we can't do a "sticky" about all the questions and answers about grips to keep them all in one place.

Happy swinging!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back